Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Nitto NT05

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • Other

Votes: 59 40.7%

• Total voters

vortecd

Established Member
Topic was "best for the street". Even in "nice weather" you never know if you will get caught in the rain. The BFG and Nittos are the best on the street. Have you tried driving the Hoosiers or M/T's in the rain? I know people that have and it wasn't fun. I have had both the BFG's and Nitto's and they hook better then a radial and never had an issue on wet roads as long as they were not bald. My 9 second street car has been caught in the rain many times and I never worried about driving home.

Now "best hooking" I like the Hoosiers. I have a set I run at the track only.

gtformula

Established Member
In my experience the nittos work better on asphalt than Mickeys. The mickeys feather up and dont get sticky unless a big burnout is done before the launch. Ive seen it many times and have used them on many different cars. Concrete is mickeys all the way tho.

Superhawk2002

Established Member
I chose NT05's for the rear. I stayed away from the "R"s for now. I will hardly ever make it to the track with my car. I want something that's going to last a few summers (10K+ miles) with overall good tire characteristics in all weather conditions.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
I have 295/35-18 bfg kdw dr on my car and have nothing bad to say about them. They work well enough to get me a 1.69 60'

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
I had 305/35/18 nitto 555r's on my car when it made 620/589. It would dead hook with a small burnout on the street.

Now with any of my tunes above 650hp I might as well bolt spare tires on the back, they are pointless at any psi.

I'm running the bias ply et street now, it hooks pretty good but man it sways bad at 130+! Lol

13DIB5.0

Established Member
i would love to run the mts but i REALLY wish they came in something 27-28" tall on an 18" rim, paxton going on soon so i would like something that does decent on the street and track, i wanna be able to drive my car too the track and drive home with no worries

mtrsprt

Established Member
In my experience the nittos work better on asphalt than Mickeys. The mickeys feather up and dont get sticky unless a big burnout is done before the launch. Ive seen it many times and have used them on many different cars. Concrete is mickeys all the way tho.

THIS.....^^^^^

Nothing wrong with a 555R at all.... They last longer , will get you home in the rain, and IMO, stick almost just as good as the others. Yes, on the drag strip, some of the others may have an edge over the 555R's, but for a street compound and handling characteristics, 555R's hands down.

My last GT had over 700rwhp and I could almost hook all of first gear on warm asphalt with a 285/35/18 555R... AND saved me in the rain a few times. You won't get that out of an NT05R, a Hoosier, or a Mickey.

sc4.6

Established Member
From the tires you LISTED I would say bfg, but I don't drive my car in the rain. I cut 1.69 60 fts on them without an aggressive launch but they don't last long on the street and I wouldn't use them in the rain since they come with minimal tread.

racerbox77

Established Member
I bought Nitto 555R's 285/35/18 for my 18*10 TF rims.
Not the best drag tire but they're gonna last longer and be safer if I get caught in rain. The plan is to actually start driving my Cobra more. :thumbup:

itSSlow98

Established Member
I bought Nitto 555R's 285/35/18 for my 18*10 TF rims.
Not the best drag tire but they're gonna last longer and be safer if I get caught in rain. The plan is to actually start driving my Cobra more. :thumbup:

Hate to kill it for you but that small of a tire on an 18x10 is gonna look horrible.

racerbox77

Established Member
Actually looks great thanks.
The tire is just a tiny bit wider than the rim which is exactly what I wanted.

I'd post a pic but Tapatalk won't let me. Something about over 30 pics and have to pay?

Last edited:

mp23

Established Member
I ran 275 mt's on my 65 ac cobra and 315 Nittos on my 04 cobra. The 65 hooked better than the 04. MT are excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread