Best tire sizes for traction AND handling?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
My only complaint with the 4.10 is the rpm's with the 3650 at interstate cruising. This car will never see forced induction so a t56 is bad gearing for a N/A setup so unless I can adapt a 3160 I'll probably end up going with a gforce or promotion transmission with a different overdrive gear.
Look for an 03+ 3650. It has a .62 5th gear compared to the .67 in the 01 Cobras. My original plan was to get one of those for my 01 until I got a T-56.

IMO a T-56 isn't that bad for N/A with some gears. I ran an N/A set up with a T-56 for a bit. But then I was running a big bore set up. I do think the closer spacing of the T-56 is a lot better all around.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

shurur

Established Member
3.73 are excellent too, a lot of people talk down on them, driven a 2001 with them and they're still 10x better than 3.27 stock.

At the time, I had plans to go procharger..and let myself get talked out of 3.90.
If you are undecided about going NA or power adder, I still think 3.90 is the best of both worlds.

Tire-wise I plan to go 9x18 with 245/255 front and 255 rear with eibach rear swaybar "someday" ..and sell/give-away my 17 staggered bullitt wheels.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
At the time, I had plans to go procharger..and let myself get talked out of 3.90.
If you are undecided about going NA or power adder, I still think 3.90 is the best of both worlds.

Tire-wise I plan to go 9x18 with 245/255 front and 255 rear with eibach rear swaybar "someday" ..and sell/give-away my 17 staggered bullitt wheels.
Too bad you're not in socal. I'd make you a great deal on an Eibach rear bar.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I've actually been 12.6 @114 since then lol. 4.10 gears bassani x and slp catback. I've never understood this car honestly, it's always over performed for a 300 hp car.
So you're telling me that your car trapped 114 with gears, an x pipe and cat back? That's all that's done to it? Not buying that....

I went 13.3 at 105 stock way back in 02 and at the time that was one of the best runs for a stock 01. No way you're trapping 9 mph more with just those mods.

98_Undertaker

Established Member
So you're telling me that your car trapped 114 with gears, an x pipe and cat back? That's all that's done to it? Not buying that....

I went 13.3 at 105 stock way back in 02 and at the time that was one of the best runs for a stock 01. No way you're trapping 9 mph more with just those mods.

If you count a k&n that's literally all the power parts on the car. A couple people on here can vouch that's all that's been done.

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member

If you count a k&n that's literally all the power parts on the car. A couple people on here can vouch that's all that's been done.

Can vouch for 98_Undertaker’s claims because I’ve wittnessed it with my own eyes. Driver mod + factory freak car. It’s almost ridiculous. Stayed right by his brothers pullied 03 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread