Best tpms sensors?

tjcase85

Established Member
Looking to get some tpms sensors. I'm trying to avoid swapping my factory ones. The closest tire shop is about 30 miles away from me. I would prefer oem quality. Where is the best place to get them? 160 seems like a lot from AM or LMR.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
the AM ones don't last. they went out after about a year on my car and i'm in California so no extreme temperatures. the ones America's Tire put in are better quality, but more expensive. however, i will add that AM went out of their way to cover the FULL cost of the more expensive America's Tire sensors that I had to install. amazing customer service

vortecd

Established Member
you can find a set of OEM's on ebay much cheaper. Last set I bought were under $60 for 4

vortecd

Established Member
If it is OEM to fit your car it will know they are there without doing anything. I had no issue with my Mustang or my Charger

14RRstang

Established Member
I just ran into this. The oem ones from for are 100 bucks a piece so I just used the old ones. I didn't hear good things about the after market sensors.

greenscobie86

Established Member
Got some OEM takeoffs which looked brand new on eBay for $50. No issues at all and the light hasn't come on. One thing to look for is that the OEM valve stem is rather chubby and may be an issue on some custom wheels. I had to lube up the crap out of the valve stems to get them seated in the rim.

Last edited:

fuelforfire87

Established Member
I still have yet to get my american hustle non functioning TPMS sensors in my aftermarket rims replaced. They only thing they offered to do was send me replacement ones but I would've had to pay for discount tire to remove the old ones and install the new ones. Like others on here I got a set of OEM ones off of ebay for cheap and will hopefully have them replaced soon.

Users who are viewing this thread