Bitcoin ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
I got into ripple last week. Waiting on my ach transfer to complete and Ill buy more eth or btc to transfer over to xrp.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
With the holidays and ever since Coinbase introduced Bitcoin cash, it has been a massive rollercoaster. Bitcoin Cash really screwed everything up I feel.

11sec Guy

Established Member
Well the time has come, I am seriously considering selling or trading some of my bitcoin for a C6 Z06. Half of me thinks it will go higher and other half of me says take some profits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zemedici

Established Member
Well the time has come, I am seriously considering selling or trading some of my bitcoin for a C6 Z06. Half of me thinks it will go higher and other half of me says take some profits.

Take some profits #yolo

Established Member

What are the tax ramifications for selling out? If you have had it over a year, is it treated as long term capital gains? Don't see uncle sam letting you keep all the money, and I'm guessing that they have some way of knowing, especially if you use on shore bank accounts.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
What are the tax ramifications for selling out? If you have had it over a year, is it treated as long term capital gains? Don't see uncle sam letting you keep all the money, and I'm guessing that they have some way of knowing, especially if you use on shore bank accounts.
IIRC Coinbase reports transactions of $10K and over. Everything I've seen so far is to treat it like long term capital gains...so when you file your taxes it should been in there.

CV355

_
Established Member
Half of the articles I read say it's mooning to a million by 2020 (bigly if true)
The other half say it's a bubble, backed by nothing, and it goan burst

The only thing I'm sure of is that people are profiting YUGE off the dips and volatility.

The thing I don't understand is that if Bitcoin ever does make it to a million, what would 21 Trillion dollars do the economy? How would anything actually gain that value when it is backed by virtually nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread