Black SVT Lightning wheels

bigaudie54

Established Member
i have the stock 2001 lightning wheels and i am looking to get them powder coated black i live in houston texas where should i get them done and how much are we talking about money wise?

fruhdaddy

Established Member
price range your looking around $500-600 from a good shop. Alot of people including myself went the plastidip route. Cant help you with your location tho, hopefully others chime in

TXRickC

Established Member
Wheel Technologies is place I had mine done at back in 2004. Black Powdercoat, Machine finish lip, they painted the plastic caps black as well.

they have a Houston location:
1165 Brittmoore Road
Houston, TX 77043
(281) 768-3841
Hours: 8am - 6pm CST

At the time I told the I wanted it to match the look of the OE wheels on the 1993 Cobra 'R', 1996 Corvette GS

medium800.jpg

SVT Phillip

BAD-MPG
Established Member
Well I don't live in Texas but here around KY for a badass powder coat job cost 275-300 bucks.. I ended up doing plasti dip until I replace the tires then i'ma have them powder coated..

2001SVTTRUCK

Established Member
From what I've seen, plastidip is a vinyl spray that can be bought buy the gallon for use in a professional sprayer or in rattle cans. Never seen it in person but it looks like paint and when you are tired of it, it peels off like a sticker.... not sure how long it lasts.

I can see get-a-way drivers making off in a blue car and peeling down to a red one underneath.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I remember someone saying that tried the plastidip, used a pressure hose at the car wash and it didn't come off. it's more of the cheaper way of a temp wheel color change for people that don't want to spend that much on new wheels or the price to powdercoat them. If you get tired, just peel it off. but to me, powdercoating is best. I know i'm getting mine done soon but it's about 100 per wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread