Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

NewOrleans-YAT

Established Member
painting
image1.jpg

dssdg.jpg

NewOrleans-YAT

Established Member
Well I set the crank and the counterweights are hitting the block. I was hoping I would not run into this problem. Its hard to tell where its hitting. I was aware the some blocks have this issue with the stroker crank.

NewOrleans-YAT

Established Member
So I am using MMR main bolts and side bolts. Not TTY. they are not studs. I am looking for the torque specs on the bolts. I am sure its different from studs and stock TTY. any help?

NewOrleans-YAT

Established Member
can't tell you how happy I am after torquing mains the crank spins like butter.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    268.7 KB · Views: 339
  • image24.jpg
    image24.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 292
  • image3w.jpg
    image3w.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 289
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 287

Three21

Established Member
What's the word on this? My block is at the machine shop now going 0.020 over, getting a line hone and checking the crank. I should be assembling everything toward the end of this month.

NewOrleans-YAT

Established Member
Pistons are in.
IMG_0770.jpg
IMG_0772.jpg
IMG_0774.jpg

Almost mad a catastrophic mistake. I did not know I had to upgrade to the 3v/4v Oil pump pick up tube. I had it all bolted in and something made me question the O ring gasket. Come to find out the 2V pick up will bolt up but would have destroyed the engine. I got lucky. At this point being a first time engine builder, I won't be surprised if it blows up with in 5 min of running.

Main cap and rod bearing tolerances are in spec.

Three21

Established Member
Lookin good. You probably wouldn't have locked up the motor with the 2v pickup on the 4v pump, but you definitely would not get all the additional flow with the smaller diameter 2v tube.

Also, Did you put billet gears in your pump?

NewOrleans-YAT

Established Member
Lookin good. You probably wouldn't have locked up the motor with the 2v pickup on the 4v pump, but you definitely would not get all the additional flow with the smaller diameter 2v tube.

Also, Did you put billet gears in your pump?
well thats good to know. Thanks. I did not go with the gears. I did not think I really needed it with low HP I would be running.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You are doing great.

My local shop had a guy show up with his home built short block and wanted it final assembled into long block and installed. They attempted to turn over the short block and it wouldn't budge. They asked the guy how things measured out when he assembled it. He answered "what measurements?", he measured nothing, just assembled the box of parts he got to include not file fitting the rings!

NewOrleans-YAT

Established Member
You are doing great.

My local shop had a guy show up with his home built short block and wanted it final assembled into long block and installed. They attempted to turn over the short block and it wouldn't budge. They asked the guy how things measured out when he assembled it. He answered "what measurements?", he measured nothing, just assembled the box of parts he got to include not file fitting the rings!
Thanks Weather,

Everything that needed to be measured has been and its all in spec. The MMR kit is designed to fit but checked everything anyway. I had the machine shop do my rings.

Users who are viewing this thread