BMR Springs & Whipple Supercharger

BradleyMac

Established Member
I would like to add the BMR Lowering Spring Kit SP083R from American Muscle to my 2017 Mustang GT which was ordered with the performance package ("PP"). This BMR spring kit comes with both the front and rear springs. My car is a daily driver so I'd like to maintain a decent ride with improved handling through this BMR kit. I've specifically chosen this kit because it suggests it will provide an estimated Drop to the Front - 1.2”, Rear - 0.5” which drop is exactly what I'm looking for ie: muscle car rake.

However I will also be adding the Whipple Stage 2 Supercharger which is where my few questions come in:

1) Will there be much improvement in handling with this BMR kit over the GT PP, which GT Performance Package already comes with heavier springs from the factory than come with the stock GT?
2) Will the front springs in this BMR kit adequately support the additional weight of the Whipple Stage 2 Supercharger (approx. 70lbs)? Or will I see a larger drop than the 1.2" in the front?
3) I need to stick to a budget, so at this point will only be adding in conjunction with the BMR Spring Lowering kit the; BMR IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit CB005R and the BMR Camber Adjustment Bolts FC003. Am I missing anything more important for my daily summer driver application or will this be a good start to improve handling and the performance addition of the Whipple Supercharger?

I look forward to hearing from any of you with your experiences in Spring Lowering as well as any BMR Tech's who may be monitoring this site.

Cheers, and thank you in advance,
Brad

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
that would all work very well for you, the extra 70lbs will affect the drop, but not by much, maybe .1 more or so.

The whipple is a great choice, we have some great packages available, let me know what we can do to assist you.l

beef
513-478-1965

BradleyMac

Established Member
Thanks Beefcake for commenting. Unfortunately BMR doesn't ship to Canada :( However I plan to get a US Boarder address and have them shipped to the boarder as I don't live to far north of the boarder 120 miles. Once I get them installed and have a chance to drive with them I'll update everyone. Unfortunately winter is on it's way and I park the car during the winter, so I likely won't be able to provide an update until Spring. In any event this will give me sometime over the winter to install the whipple, springs and some other mods I plan to do. :)

Users who are viewing this thread