BMR Suspension Breaking into the 79-04 Mustang Market! Sneak Pic K-Member Pic

KEVINS

Established Member
I'm going to throw a wrench in your designs and hopefully it comes back and hits me in the face: I'm hoping that your designers know that the spring pockets are located in different positions from the fox bodies to the newer cars. The fox a-arms have the spring pocket closer to the pivot point (about 1"-1.5" closer).
So my question is: if your a-arms all use the same spring location which position are they designed to match?

ks

BMR Tech

I'm going to throw a wrench in your designs and hopefully it comes back and hits me in the face: I'm hoping that your designers know that the spring pockets are located in different positions from the fox bodies to the newer cars. The fox a-arms have the spring pocket closer to the pivot point (about 1"-1.5" closer).
So my question is: if your a-arms all use the same spring location which position are they designed to match?

ks

It is really close to 1" difference, with the CL of the Spring Perch to Mounting point being shorter.

We don't design parts on guesswork, we make our fixtures based on OE parts to ensure the designs are extremely close to OE spec and fitment.

Thanks for the post though! I like to see people post informatively!

BMR Tech

Wow. This site will not cooperate. Trying to edit the posts and also upload photos....no luck.

I meant to type in "fox" above in the "with the CL of the Spring Perch to Mounting point being shorter on the fox arms"

KEVINS

Established Member
My 2002 GT has a UPR K-member and I designed the 3" turbo piping to clear 2002 A-arms and to run behind the factory 2002 springs. After it was all done I found out that the A-arms are too long. Switch to Fox a-arms and discovered that the springs now hit the pipes. Ended up sectioning off 1.25" off the 2002 a-arms to get it all to work. What a PITA.

Your parts won't do me any good unless I modify them like I did above (which is still a possibility in the future) but will your parts use the proper spring locations for the correct year of a-arms?

ks

BMR Tech

Yes, as I stated in the post above, we use OE dimensions when building our components.

What that means is - when we build the fixture for a product, we use the OE component to locate the pivot and mounting points, and ensure the geometry matches. This leads us to offering TRUE direct replacement chassis and suspension components.

So, if the A-Arm on a fox is any different than the A-Arm on a 2004 MY car....then the part we offer for those cars will match the OE dimensions.

As for your issue with the piping and the coil spring, why not just use a lightweight A-Arm with no spring provision and use a coilover kit? Save weight, more clearance and more adjustability. Sounds like a big bag of win to me?

BMR Tech

And just to share a tid bit of info, I was brought on here at BMR to assist in the development, sales and tech of a 79-04 Suspension offering. I am very very well versed and know quite a bit about the 79-04 Suspension system. So I am well aware of all of the differences between the 79-93, 94-98 and 99-04 Mustangs.

Fortunately and unfortunately, that was about 7 years ago. Our other Ford segments absolutely exploded so that has been what I have been focusing on for 7 years. Now that I have some help on the Ford side, we can now focus on the 79-04. ;)

BMR Tech

Finally! Got the pic to upload. Check these things out. ;)

TCA055H_1024.jpg

BMR Tech

More info coming soon! Here is a shot of our finished on-car adjustable UCAs for the 79-04 Solid Axle cars. Simple and effective!
Adjustable UCAs.jpg
Bearing UCAs.jpg
Poly UCAs.jpg

mark23svt

Established Member
Decided to wait on BMR product and hold off on steeda. I really want the the oem style they offer with there k member kit. And also hopping it's a bit lighter on the wallet then steeda.

mark23svt

Established Member
I truly like BMR products(had a bunch in my previous Firehawk) but man I hope it's worth the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread