Boost+Ported Boss manifold gains

fuelforfire87

Established Member
OP how much HP and torque are you making with your setup now? I'm switching to the boss IM soon and debating whether or not to have it ported. My only concern is how the ported manifold would hold up to boost.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Well, on second thought, if 4VFTW is running a ported boss intake with a procharger I'm guessing I should be fine. Looking to have Drew at DMark performance port mine since he is local and did my OPG install. Anyone on here have any experience with his porting work?

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Got a reply back from Lund since he will be doing my re-tune and he recommended just leaving the boss as is. Says the gains even NA aren't that much. Maybe I should be the test mule?

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Getting re-tuned by lund with the stock boss manifold (not ported) and ID1000 injectors on Friday, I know its not ported, but I will post my results compared to the stock manifold.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Well unfortunately my car was having issues on the dyno last friday. I don't know if it was just really hot out (90 degrees and humid) and the shop didn't have enough air blowing on the car or If the tank of gas I got was bad but I was getting a few degrees of knock and high IAT's so my tuner wasn't able to complete the tune. Did a pull on the street in "mexico" later that day with some race gas added just in case the fuel was the issue and everything was perfect, Even the IAT's. Will probably continue datalog some more to complete the tune and go back to the dyno on a cooler day to see what my numbers are.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Finally got back to the dyno with the car fully tuned. Unfortunately I was not able to get in at the shop where I dyno'd before the boss but I figured I would post my results anyways. Best run the car made 668 HP@7450 and 507 TQ @ 5800 RPM on a dynocom dyno. Temps were in the mid 80's and around 50% humidity. Car definitely feels like it pulls harder up top.
Dmark Dyno.jpg
Dmark Dyno Runs.jpg

fuelforfire87

Established Member
570 HP and 494 TQ on a Mustang dyno. If you look at the chart the for some reason the RPMs are off. There was an issue with the dyno that day and they could not get the RPM's to sync up with the car. Being that this is between 2 different dynos, it is not an apples to apples comparison. I wanted to go back to the same dyno but was unable to get in for a couple weeks so I ended up going to another shop as I just wanted to see some results.
Mustang Dyno 082316.jpg
20160823_172315.jpg

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Also forgot to mention both pulls had the BBK 85mm throttle body, not that it probably makes much difference.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Are you running torque booster? Boost? Torque seem low if you are running that.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
No torque booster, running a 4.5" pulley which makes 11lbs of boost at 7k, revving to 7.5k makes almost 12 lbs, loss of torque down low could be due to the boss manifold.

Users who are viewing this thread