Borla Stingers Part Number Help

laddanator

Established Member
I'm getting two different S Type numbers though.

Attachments

• received_1161989230611281.png
    received_1161989230611281.png
    612.3 KB · Views: 193

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Get the ones with the dimensions that most closely resemble those of the mufflers you'll be replacing. How long are the flows?

laddanator

Established Member
Get the ones with the dimensions that most closely resemble those of the mufflers you'll be replacing. How long are the flows?

I ordered the first one in the Amazon pic. 40842S. Just threw me off two see two different S Type numbers. One is listed as universal, and one isn't. I have side exhaust, so these are going to be installed way differently than my flows.

GodStang

Established Member
When I was doing my custom Borla setup I called Borla and talked to them about just the muffler. Yes the S-Type are the stingers and you order which ever fit your setup. I was going Stingers but Borla told me with the boost I am running I would blow the stingers apart.

laddanator

Established Member
When I was doing my custom Borla setup I called Borla and talked to them about just the muffler. Yes the S-Type are the stingers and you order which ever fit your setup. I was going Stingers but Borla told me with the boost I am running I would blow the stingers apart.

Thanks for the reply. I called Borla to confirm last week. I actually have them installed as we speak.

mstangtony

Established Member
So you got the stiners and you dont like the sound? Im going towards Magnapack mufflers. but also having Part # issues. i posted a thread to ask about it. we will see lol

laddanator

Established Member
So you got the stiners and you dont like the sound? Im going towards Magnapack mufflers. but also having Part # issues. i posted a thread to ask about it. we will see lol

Yes, absolutely hated the Borla's. Ive been hearing a this fuss about Borla all these years, and they absolutely blow in comparison to a Flowmaster. Now that's just my opinion which don't mean a thing. Kept the Borla's on 2 days, took them off, and returned for a refund.

GodStang

Established Member
Yes, absolutely hated the Borla's. Ive been hearing a this fuss about Borla all these years, and they absolutely blow in comparison to a Flowmaster. Now that's just my opinion which don't mean a thing. Kept the Borla's on 2 days, took them off, and returned for a refund.

Ya it is totally a personal opinion. I am just the opposite. Flowmaster is not my cup of tea on a Modular engine. Love them and have run them on a push rod motor though. Exhaust is one of the things that is totally opinion on what sound you are going for. You are riding in it you need to be happy with how it sounds.

Now I did hear Borla ATAKS the other day on a mod motor and did not like the sound of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread