Boss 302 Whipple Tune (Gen2-93) 687HP 557TQ

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yea I guess ur probably right on a dyno day. I always ask but I guess I know better.

Not for a dyno day it isn't. they are trying to get in as many people as possible, 2-3 pulls and off. They are giving you a cheap set of dyno numbers, I've never been to a dyno day where they've connected to a vacuum line for boost WITHOUT specifically asking for it.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yes I had a TVS on it before that making similar number with HP but about 45 less TQ. At that time it was about 615 TQ with the Turbo.

Honestly, I just couldn't enjoy the car cause I would blow the tire off if I wasn't going at least 50 mph and the problem with Low Profile DR's unlike the Pro Radials for example if I smash the pedal with my car right now with the Pro Radials the car will spin but as long as I stay in it (AND pointed Straight) they will bite cause they heat up.

I just could never experience that with the low profile DR's like the NTO5R or the MT's I tried both. Granted they were 19's maybe the 18 would bite a little better IDN.

I make far more HP now so the 19's were just not an option unfortunately but to be honest I get far more compliments on these rims/tires then I did my Forgestars. I have to admit I really enjoyed blasting down the hi way with 19's but I would never trade them again for my 15's simply because its safer for my current setup.

But, not always to my advantage especially since I street this thing all the time. I tangled with a new C7 the other day (Thing was fast) and my fatter less stable Pro Radials on a 15 in rim cost me.

He was a little bitch tho cause he was in front of me and not only did he not wait for me to get along side of him he smashed it while we were going around a pretty tight curve smh. I tried to keep up and did the same and tried giving it gas while not going straight! NOT a good idea in a Turbo car lol I got a little squirly and had to get out of it but if I had the 19's I would have went around him for sure.

Your cars turbo right? How much Torque were you making?

Last edited:

lenny127

Established Member
u trade one thing or another ..... i have thought about doing the switch from my 19s NT05r but they are so well rounded even at 700/565 (vortech e85 , manual) that its hard to justify giving them up ,...although im in socal so our temps help get the most out of the tires .... 1st gear is the only one that spins for me (unless i purposely want to spin)

Users who are viewing this thread