Bought a Raptor!

ThomasL

Established Member
looks great, Mid-perch is a must.

Thanks! I agree. Nice and level but without a leveling kit. Rides better IMO too.

Damn I want a Raptor.

Yes! In my search for a truck i always came back to the Raptor. Just a great looking truck all around. I get more looks and comments around town on the Raptor than the Shelby if you can believe it.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
congrats, truck looks real clean ! when I ordered mine silver was a close second choice. that would look even better with OEM beadlocks. the smile will never leave, GL with her

ThomasL

Established Member
congrats, truck looks real clean ! when I ordered mine silver was a close second choice. that would look even better with OEM beadlocks. the smile will never leave, GL with her

Yeah i love the silver. Really makes the darker lines and accents stand out. I almost pulled the trigger on a black one but glad i didn't. The black car is enough of a PITA. And yes, the SVT beadlocks would look great on mine. That's my next move is a new wheel/tire setup. Yours looks good too! :beer:

ThomasL

Established Member
Update! New wheels and tires! Also threw in an intake and tune. ICON power steering reservoir and cooler on the way as well.
The wheels are 17x8.5 Method NV and the tires are 37x12.5x17 BFG KO2s. Minor trimming of the fender, flares and liners required. Tune is through 5 Star via an SCTX4 and the intake is an enclosed S&B unit. Very quality piece.

IMG_4893_zpsvdopmrzn.jpg

IMG_4935_zpsqhmdxtx0.jpg

IMG_4913_zpsjfqazukm.jpg

ThomasL

Established Member

02_Lightning

Established Member
Where did you find those OEM HIDs?

Need to swap out my Halogens sooner than later.

I swapped my halogens for LED. I was not spending $1k plus for headlights. I paid ~$200ish for a high quality LED system that works great. They have been in for nearly 2 years now.

ThomasL

Established Member
Where did you find those OEM HIDs?

Need to swap out my Halogens sooner than later.

Raptor Retrofit. They're OEM plug and play. I think the price has gone up recently. I got em awhile back for 1200. They're amazing. Look a lot cleaner than halogen housing and they are blindingly bright.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Raptor Retrofit. They're OEM plug and play. I think the price has gone up recently. I got em awhile back for 1200. They're amazing. Look a lot cleaner than halogen housing and they are blindingly bright.

I need to do that soon. My 12 still has the old lamps :(

ThomasL

Established Member
Upgrading to HIDs is just too expensive and not worth it. I am extremely happy going with LED headlights... vastly better light output.

I prefer the overall look of the whole assembly too. Not just light output. My HIDs are much brighter than the halogens and the clean black housing make for a much better overall look rather than just replacing the bulb and still being stuck with the ugly halogen housing. But that's my opinion and you have yours. Totally worth 1200 bucks.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I prefer the overall look of the whole assembly too. Not just light output. My HIDs are much brighter than the halogens and the clean black housing make for a much better overall look rather than just replacing the bulb and still being stuck with the ugly halogen housing. But that's my opinion and you have yours. Totally worth 1200 bucks.

I agree and thank you for the website.

The look is the selling point to me as well.
Looks like they bumped it to 1.8k now. Maybe it's a later mod lol

ThomasL

Established Member
I agree and thank you for the website.

The look is the selling point to me as well.
Looks like they bumped it to 1.8k now. Maybe it's a later mod lol

Call them directly and see if they still offer a 1200 dollar set. I feel like they've added things to the 1800 that may not be necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread