255 lph Fuel pump $100
90mm MAF $225
Tune $400

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
lol.....lots of sn95 bias in here eh?

I dunno if it's bias, or common sense.
One car is paid off ($8k). He can use leftover cash on modding the SN.
The other way he pays $20k, along with car payments and mods to get to his goals.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I dunno if it's bias, or common sense.
One car is paid off ($8k). He can use leftover cash on modding the SN.
The other way he pays $20k, along with car payments and mods to get to his goals.

You have to consider the canvass he is going to paint on. Mod the heck out of a 97 and hope for 500rwhp, or buy a nice Terminator and slowly mod. Just a pulley swap and tune on a terminator makes around 450. It's pretty cheap to do and would probably hang with a built 97. Just my opinion.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
You have to consider the canvass he is going to paint on. Mod the heck out of a 97 and hope for 500rwhp, or buy a nice Terminator and slowly mod. Just a pulley swap and tune on a terminator makes around 450. It's pretty cheap to do and would probably hang with a built 97. Just my opinion.

I
That's an expensive canvas, when compared to a paid off $4k Cobra.

srtlat

Established Member
The way I am looking at it is. A nice 500hp termi is 25k. I could spend 10 k and get my sn95 to 450 hp. So I would be 14k in the sn95.

Later on forge the internals then bump up the boost in the procharger and will not be at 25k for the sn95.

What' the cost to forge the internals?
Rods? Pistons? Heck maybe even a set of cams.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
The way I am looking at it is. A nice 500hp termi is 25k. I could spend 10 k and get my sn95 to 450 hp. So I would be 14k in the sn95.

Later on forge the internals then bump up the boost in the procharger and will not be at 25k for the sn95.

My car is in the shop for the winter due to a knock in the lower end. I have an Aluminator short block in it now and was quoted anywhere from from $5-$9k for parts/labor, including pulling the motor etc.

srtlat

Established Member
My car is in the shop for the winter due to a knock in the lower end. I have an Aluminator short block in it now and was quoted anywhere from from $5-$9k for parts/labor, including pulling the motor etc.

What's getting done

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
What's getting done

As of right now, he's just going to pull the motor and assess the situation. The quote was to rebuild the shortblock with all forged internals again, plus head cooling mod etc.
I'm hoping it is something minor though, that would be great news.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member

You know the difference, though? After all that, sure it will be initially cheaper than a 03/04 but you'll be 14k into a car that is still only worth maybe 8k modded up, at most. Even the nicest, most modded out SN95's don't hold value well at all. And the 03/04 will still be worth 25k. Look at them, they're 15-16 years old now and still sell for not far off of their original sale price. If you want to get yourself super upside down in a car, go for it, but it's not the money saving venture you and others here seem to think it is.

And then you're talking about cams and forged internals? There are so many supporting mods, so many little things you have to upgrade/replace when you start getting into 500-600hp realm on these cars that you wouldn't have to worry about with a 03/04. You will be nickle and dimed to death. Not to mention labor costs if you're not doing the work yourself.

I'm saying this from first hand experience. I can pretty confidently say I've been down that road further than anyone commenting in this thread. I've got way, way more invested in my car than it would have cost me to get a nice, generously modded 03/04. Unless you're really attached to your SN95 (like I am) and plan to never get rid of it and don't care about pissing money away, it's a dumb choice.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
You know the difference, though? After all that, sure it will be initially cheaper than a 03/04 but you'll be 14k into a car that is still only worth maybe 8k modded up, at most. Even the nicest, most modded out SN95's don't hold value well at all. And the 03/04 will still be worth 25k. Look at them, they're 15-16 years old now and still sell for not far off of their original sale price. If you want to get yourself super upside down in a car, go for it, but it's not the money saving venture you and others here seem to think it is.

And then you're talking about cams and forged internals? There are so many supporting mods, so many little things you have to upgrade/replace when you start getting into 500-600hp realm on these cars that you wouldn't have to worry about with a 03/04. You will be nickle and dimed to death. Not to mention labor costs if you're not doing the work yourself.

I'm saying this from first hand experience. I can pretty confidently say I've been down that road further than anyone commenting in this thread. I've got way, way more invested in my car than it would have cost me to get a nice, generously modded 03/04. Unless you're really attached to your SN95 (like I am) and plan to never get rid of it and don't care about pissing money away, it's a dumb choice.

Yoooo... I remember you from the early-mid 00s when I was on here all the time. Now I'm just here laying low, under a different name. How have you been? Let's see how that SN looks these days.
I remember Busta too

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Yoooo... I remember you from the early-mid 00s when I was on here all the time. Now I'm just here laying low, under a different name. How have you been? Let's see how that SN looks these days.
I remember Busta too

Hasn't changed appearance wise in years. Just the average Saleen wheel, S281 wing combination. What was your old username?

9FkNOew.jpg

330LxE8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread