Built 5.4L Aluminum Shortblock SALE!!!

JimIII@jdm

JDM Built 5.4L Shortblocks going on sale!!!

http://www.teamjdm.com/5-4l-4v-gt500-aluminum-shortblock-1200hp-07-12-gt500/

We just put our fully built 5.4L Shortblock on sale and for a limited time! I wanted to share here first, we have limited quantity just like with the 5.8L Shortblocks.

Retail $11,999.00

SALE PRICE: $9,499.00!!!! LIMITED TIME ONLY

Call 732-780-0770 to order or for help.

The JDM 5.4L built Shortblock is 1200 HP capable and comes backed with a 1 year no-detonation warranty. We focused on the weak links in the factory engine and improved those components so you can maximize all your power potential with out worry of a failure. With out a doubt the OEM connecting rods are a weak point, we've replaced those with a beefed up set of Manley 4340 H beams using ARP 2000 bolts. Next we focused on the bearings, we called upon Calico coating to help us pick out the best bearings and most durable coating they offer to limit friction and wear. The OEM oil pump and gears also get an upgrade. We use a 13-14 GT500 oil pump housing but we O-ring the pump to create a tighter seal to the block and install TSS billet gears inside the housing. We do offer one more option as an upgrade which is to have us install ARP timing guide pins. We've seen the stock pins shear on high HP racing applications like our Cobra Jet customers. For $299 it's a good piece of insurance if you plan to make big power or drag race the car.

JDM Engineering 5.4L Shortblock includes:

NEW OEM Ford 5.4L aluminum engine block
Ford Performance Cobra Jet forged crankshaft
Manley 4340 forged connecting rods w/ ARP 2000 bolts
ARP 2000 rod bolts
Mahle forged aluminum pistons stock compression
Total Seal piston ring pack
Calico coated main and rod bearings
NEW OEM Ford 5.4L oil pump with billet gears
Professionally balanced and assembled
1 Year no-detonation warranty

Attachments

• 5.4L_Aluminum_Gt500_Engine_TeamJDM.jpg
    5.4L_Aluminum_Gt500_Engine_TeamJDM.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 1,650
Last edited:

Blackmax

Established Member
A lot of us run iron blocks, as much as I want aluminum your shortblock alone will cost me $13,000 in Canadian dollars plus 12% tax so about $15,000 for me by the time I get it home. You should post up a built iron block built to handle 1500 rwhp.

JimIII@jdm

A lot of us run iron blocks, as much as I want aluminum your shortblock alone will cost me $13,000 in Canadian dollars plus 12% tax so about $15,000 for me by the time I get it home. You should post up a built iron block built to handle 1500 rwhp.

The cast iron block can't support 1500HP because the factory sleeves are so thin and have been not to distort or flex under heavy load and crack. We couldn't recommend going more than 1000 HP with the factory iron block. For 1500 HP you need an Aluminum spray bore or aftermarket sleeved block.

This is our built cast iron 5.4L shortblock we offer for your car!
http://www.teamjdm.com/ford-f-150-lightning-gt500-5-4l-short-block-engine-custom-built-by-jdm/

JimIII

Last edited:

Blackmax

Established Member
I see, might explain why my head gasket blew. I know 2 other iron blocks over 1000hp have also had problem recently.

JimIII@jdm

I see, might explain why my head gasket blew. I know 2 other iron blocks over 1000hp have also had problem recently.

That's about all they are good for...max! We've had Lightning trucks split the cylinder walls around 800+ RWHP and 1000+ TQ...the torque those trucks makes is what does it. Combine that with high boost numbers and they really aren't good for 1000+HP.

JimIII

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Guess I shoulda bought a Coyote they make 1000rwhp on pump gas, stock trans, turbo kit, without even taking the valve covers off :rollseyes

Engine looks beautiful, in all seriousness!

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
The cast iron block can't support 1500HP because the factory sleeves are so thin and have been not to distort or flex under heavy load and crack. We couldn't recommend going more than 1000 HP with the factory iron block. For 1500 HP you need an Aluminum spray bore or aftermarket sleeved block.

This is our built cast iron 5.4L shortblock we offer for your car!
http://www.teamjdm.com/ford-f-150-lightning-gt500-5-4l-short-block-engine-custom-built-by-jdm/

JimIII

Well that certainly crushes the theory from the iron block guys that they can hold more power than us aluminum guys!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Guess I shoulda bought a Coyote they make 1000rwhp on pump gas, stock trans, turbo kit, without even taking the valve covers off :rollseyes

Engine looks beautiful, in all seriousness!

And if it's an S550, they can put every bit of it to the ground on stock tires and suspension!!

blowbye

Bangin gears
Established Member
I cant wait to get the shortblock that i just ordered from you guys. You answered all my questions and concerns. Pleasure to deal with you guys!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread