Built motor options

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
a lot of it has to do with cost for labor, they will have to break my twin kit down, take motor out, open it up and all that machine work and then put back together.. almost think that would cost just as much as a new motor lol but shoot, idk. I gotta talk to a shop that knows what they are doing with these coyote motors
Yeah, that does seem like a lot of work/cost. But, buying a new built engine and having someone bolt up all the stuff from your current engine might cost just as much or more.
Definitely check out @Injected Engineering or VMP/Power By The Hour. (I believe they work together on some of the more complex/bigger builds.) Those are the 2 shops I have on my shirt list. There are others that are great as well. JPC and JDM come to mind. ( I always do research on stuff like this.)

Which kit would you go with? I was looking at the 1000MMR kit. I don't think I'd reach 1,000HP, (more like 700-800), depending if I can run E85 out here, which is hard to get in MA.

k9findit

Established Member
Which kit would you go with? I was looking at the 1000MMR kit. I don't think I'd reach 1,000HP, (more like 700-800), depending if I can run E85 out here, which is hard to get in MA.[/QUOTE]

I would go with that, because it's just a street warrior. I'd love to be comfortable at 800 whp. I can't see going farther than that. but boost is addictive lol

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I would go with that, because it's just a street warrior. I'd love to be comfortable at 800 whp. I can't see going farther than that. but boost is addictive lol
Same here.
No drag strips or road courses. Just a garage queen/street warrior. lol

KPatrone

Established Member
I pieced all mine together. 13 block with 3.80 bore (5.2l), sleeved, Manley h beams, diamond 11:1 pistons, clevite bearings, boss crank
15 heads, upgraded valve springs, boss cams
ARP everything

I would find a good machine shop, if RGR is close that's pretty nice. MPR motors seem to be a popular choice as well.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
For those of you that have gotten a built short block, is it worth it to get 15 heads, valve springs, etc. as well?

valanahara

Established Member
Hands-down no questions asked Tricky Performance in OKC. He's built some of the fastest coyotes around and built mine back in the spring. People bring their cars to him from all over the country.

I've driven mine state to state, daily, etc no issues.

valanahara

Established Member
Which kit would you go with? I was looking at the 1000MMR kit. I don't think I'd reach 1,000HP, (more like 700-800), depending if I can run E85 out here, which is hard to get in MA.

I would go with that, because it's just a street warrior. I'd love to be comfortable at 800 whp. I can't see going farther than that. but boost is addictive lol[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest with you, 800rwhp has been more than enough for me lol. I was always wanting more and more, but I think I've found my limit. I've been at this power level for almost a year now and I'm perfectly happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread