Bullitt seaybar on GT

SUPERVENOM03

Established Member
I am doing nickle and dime weight reduction with the goal of street performance and handling. This is on a 02 GT. I have already deleted everything I'm willing to part with and have lost over 100lbs out of the car (30 additional off of me lol). I'm considering swapping to a bullitt front swaybar for weight reduction as it is right on the nose and relatively cheap. I was thinking urethane endlinks and mounts with it. I know it's hollow and 1mm larger but is it actually stiffer being tubular vs solid? How will the bar impact the balance? I know stiffer will encourage understeer but is it actually stiffer. Also how much weight is there to be saved by going to the tubular bar? Thanks

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Singling out the front sway bar, it probably isn't going to be a significant difference in weight savings or in the handling dept. but if you're just nickel and diming, go for it.

I can weigh my front sway bar for you if you want, I have Eibach's I need to put on anyway..

Three21

Established Member
Yeah, I'd guess a 2lb difference between the two at best. It would only be worth messing with the sway bar if you drop it completely.

Sent from my LG-V496 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread