Buying a Shelby with a few mods.

oneboredguy

Established Member
It has the borla atak, jba o/r x, jlt cai, 90mm idler, and a smaller upper pulley. I am planning on tuning it for e85 and possibly headers. What other mods should I get for it, if anything? Gotta wait until Tuesday, but here it is.
b20d97051731f931763d48e6733504c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

barspen

Established Member
Suspension is a must IMHO - Good LCA's at a minimum, sway bars if you plan to rip turns and UCA if you want extra stability is the rear.
Cooling - Need to keep the temps down, so a HE with fans is pretty important.
MGW2 shifter - makes driving around much nicer on the street, strip or road course.

Enjoy your new ride!

Chase_

Established Member
PW stripe delete is the way to go. Not sure on what you plan on doing with your car so that will have a lot to do with how long and expensive this list will get. But, I agree on everything barspen said along with an oil separator and a set of drag radials at the very least (if you actually want to put the power to the ground).

You will need at least ID1000s and a BAP for that e85 tune btw.

pridemore54

Established Member
That exhaust is gonna be ignorant loud lol. Everything barspen said plus an oil separator. I heard JLT doesn't get the job done well but I love my bobs oil separator. Works great and looks better than the competition imo. E85 is definitely a good route to go. Going to be a lot easier on your motor plus more power! Win, win.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
Close to Stock power is decent but try it when it's heatsoaked. With the temperature change, it's about to get hot!!!

Get a HE with fans and get the biggest one if you can cause there's not much else you can do to keep it cooler besides a 170* thermostat.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
sweet ride. gonna need better fuel system tho and some LCA's

pridemore54

Established Member
So thermostat, heat exchanger, oil separator, and lower control arms first. I was reading on here about a flex fuel tune that's offered? That worth it or go straight e85 tune?

I doubt the flex fuel tune would be worth it IMO. Although for full on E85 you're going to need better injectors (80lb will work or some ID1000's.. I'm selling some 80lb ones JS.) and I'm not sure about the 13/14 gt500 but you will most likely need a BAP then tune to wrap it all up. Will yield some great results for you. Just to be sure to buy several E-85 test kits (they aren't too pricey from lethal performance) and test whichever gas station's fuel you will be using consistently. Sometimes they will be shotty and the quality of ethanol will dip into the 70's or 60's. Possibly resulting in detonation and ultimately catastrophic failure. Don't let that scare you though. Good E85 will be much better on your motor than standard pump 93.

pridemore54

Established Member
Also +1 for drag radials. You're definitely going to need them to put this power to the ground. I love my 315 NT05R's. Almost 10k miles later (only like 3 heat cycles) I am still gripping and ripping.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Id strongly suggest a Throttle Body as well. 66mm at a minimum. There are some nice 67 and 72mm options available. Cant go wrong with a Cobra Jet TB of either flavor.

Is that a Trinity or a 10-12 with trinity rear bumper and lights?

Users who are viewing this thread