Buying GT that's been in accident

Ironman_GT

Established Member
I have another thread debating whether to keep my 2011 GT that I love that's in mint condition and adding few more mods (headers, Boss 302 IM, tune, etc) or shopping for 2015+ GT. I've received good feedback in the other thread. I've got a good car payment and have some equity in my ride due to previous downpayment. I can definitely afford an increase in payment $70-$80/mo for newer GT but wife is not on board lol. She is not in the horsepower club :)

Job changes with my company might have me changing from work from home to 1 HR+ commute one way. Not a fan but it gives me pause about adding headers, possibly Boss IM, tune etc for my current garage queen changing to possible DD.

So anyway, I came across a 2015 GT Premium at a local dealership with PP that has a bit higher miles and carfax is showing 1 accident (Carfax front right side impact) w/ no airbag deployed, which I know doesn't mean a lot. Car is listed at $22,900 so it's significant discount over comparable 2015 Premium and PP and would keep my payment about the same as it is. I know in need to check it out and have trusted body shop mechanic check it out to see extent of accident, but if not anything major, should I have any pause about little higher miles and an accident?

I know I would take excellent care of it but just can't jump up to normal price GT Premium with PP. MAYBE a basemodel GT with $60-$70 higher payment but would catch grief from wife lol.

Thanks in advance-

IM GT

Zodiac

Established Member
What options are you looking for? I have a modded Competition Orange GT auto I'm looking to sell. Has Roush intake, GT350IM, solo performance exhaust among other minor things. Made 426RWHP.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
If fixed properly the only issues would be resale (but you're getting a deep discount up front) and rock chips (repaired paint it just not as tough as the factory spray).

DarkMach1

Established Member
pass on crashed cars, you dont know who fixed them or how well. Not interested in taking over someones gremlins.

josephcostello

Established Member
I would have it checked out. You can assume if it was fixed, it was fixed properly. But you can't say that forsure. That's good no airbag was deployed...that means it should be a clean title, correct? Don't be scared away. Bought a 2016 fusion that was front end damaged but no airbags deployed and damage was minimal (I'm in the processing of fixing it as I got all new parts) so don't be scared away by the accident.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

mikengail

Established Member
Tough call on accident repaired vehicles. I had good luck with a '14 Shelby I bought for the wife, but it was from a Ford dealer who sent me pictures all through the repair process. The frame wasn't damaged, but they did the repair on a frame jig anyway to help insure all the exterior parts and panels aligned properly. It was still 2014 so the car was worth about 11 or 12 grand more than what I paid. Turned out to be a good deal for me. Plus, this particular Ford dealer was one of several throughout the nation that Ford uses to repair large numbers of hail or storm damaged cars that get damaged sitting in Ford's storage lots. On the other hand, I was recently looking at a '16 GT Premium Convertible in another state from a Buick/GMC dealer that was damaged and the dealer didn't disclose it up front. I found out when I traveled there to inspect it. Kind of explained the low ball advertised price. That dealer is still trying to sell that car without advertising the obvious previous accident damage. The repair was very poorly done too. Both of those cars had clean CarFax reports, by the way. I wouldn't consider buying a previously wrecked vehicle without a thorough inspection from a high quality body repair facility beforehand...

Zodiac

Established Member
The lime green? I wanted a lime green scat pack challenger bad for a while. Not a bad swap!
Wow we took this thread off topic lol.

It's a new color for 2017. It's not sublime and I think it's a better color. It's called green go.

Crappy cellphone pic.

IMG_0305_zpshu9wfgvp.gif

thehunterooo

Established Member
Ironman got his whip anyways haha, I seen that Dodge got rid of the old green but didn't know they added one again, looks damn good! Did you get decent price? When I bought this GT scat packs in both forms were selling for $5,000+ over MSRP at my local dealers so it was way out of my price range :(

Zodiac

Established Member
Ironman got his whip anyways haha, I seen that Dodge got rid of the old green but didn't know they added one again, looks damn good! Did you get decent price? When I bought this GT scat packs in both forms were selling for $5,000+ over MSRP at my local dealers so it was way out of my price range :(

Actually l leased this one. There was some great incentives last month and it's only $385/month with my taxes. Drive off was first months payment. If I wasn't interested in the green I could have gotten a cheaper price but I only wanted green.

Also Hellcats could have been leased for about $500/month last month as well.

thehunterooo

Established Member
Dang not bad at all! Lot of good lease deals on those, I thought about a Hellcat for a little but I am happy with the GT for now. The only thing at this point I would trade in for would be a tack pack 350, hopefully in a few years they come down a bit. Though a 2019 GHIG GT would be nice....

Users who are viewing this thread