Buying modded 15' GT CO

Ironman_GT

Established Member
I'm in the market for a CO GT - 2015 or newer...preferably under $27k. There a ton of Red, black, white, silver etc for sale in my range but literally TWO Competition Orange ones in my whole state of GA at dealerships. I love the Orange. One of them for sale is very base model low miles for $25k but is showing accident on Carfax with no mention of level (minor, moderate, severe, etc). That somewhat eliminates that one for me...dealers doesn't know anything about the accident - location on car, severity, etc.

Second one is a beautiful, low miles (24K) with clean carfax and a few mods that I like:

Borla Exhaust
Performance Package
Hood scoop

The issue with this one is that is has Recaro seats which I had not ever sat in before and instantly hated them. I am a bigger guy and they were super uncomfortable. Before we got off the lot, I didn't like them. Car drove great though and looked awesome top to bottom.

The car also had a JLT CAI which is listed as not "necessarily needing a tune" on AM, but the dealership said the car had been "programmed" and acted like it was a selling point. It was the opposite for me. The did not know much about tuning and while I am far from an expert, I had always thought tuning may affect the warranty of the vehicle. When pressed they said "the guy trading it in bought a Shelby and said his "programming" did not affect the warranty in any way. I asked what kind of "program" or tune it had on it (93 octane, CAI, etc) they had no clue. It was somewhat worrisome. No idea if it was flashed back to stock before trading or what.

So I guess I could get the regular cloth seats maybe from a junkyard or something and sell these but do the regular seats fit exactly like these Recaro's do?

Should the other "car has been programmed" concern me? Car is beautiful in person. Listed at $27750 and I am confident I could get them down a little more.

Thanks in advance -

IMGT

Orange_GT_LF1x_zpslmwcsvtt.gif

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
You had me at PP and Recaros. CO is just a bonus.

If you drive a coyote without a tune you'll see why most people tune their cars. I'm tuning my '14 in the spring and can't wait for the better throttle response and bumping up the rev limiter so I can go thru the traps in 4th gear. You could retune the car and be confident knowing what has been done if it makes you feel any better. Some tuners aren't the greatest but many of them are very good ( Lund, Steeda, etc ). Warranties don't concern me since I put < 5k miles a year on my GT.

Also - Borla FTW! Axle back or cat back? Touring, S-type, or Atak? Borla has the best sound in my opinion. I have S-type axle backs in my basement ready to go once the car comes home from storage. Yep winter sucks here in PA. Can't wait for April/May!

Good luck!

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Very welcome buddy. There are 1000 people who would buy the Recaros if the price is right. You should be able to swap seats with someone and get a pile of cash on top.

Zemedici

Established Member
Those are factory wheels. I agree on the recaros, one of the reasons I sold my car. They were cool until the novelty of having race seats set in, that it was very uncomfortable.

I'd keep looking, and broaden the search area a bit, not worth settling on a car you don't truly want. Just my .02

Ironman_GT

Established Member
Here is another I came across but the first to have a supercharger, which I'm definitely not opposed to but know nothing about. Price seems awful low for a 2016 GT with clean Carfax, low miles and procharger. Maybe dealer got a steal on it as a trade and just doesn't have it marked up? I have not seen any other 15 or 16 GT's with low miles and no accidents with this add on for a price in the mid to upper 20k's.

I would have been interested in this one even had it not shown the procharger.

Can you guys tell anything from the pics?

Should I be there when the doors open tomorrow and grab it??? Maybe the price is a typo?

JJ4_zpsvoo4bsb3.jpg

JJ5_zpscvftoyak.jpg

JJ2_zpsu5qz3qvs.jpg

JJ3_zpszl3xko2l.jpg

JJ1_zpspttycss4.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member
Looks to be a base car with a procharger slapped on. Who's tune is it on? Eh. Price seems about they as they were less than 30 brand new

Ironman_GT

Established Member
Found a 2015 CO with low miles, Performance Package and a clean Carfax for really good price problem is it's out of state but not too terribly far and I have family nearby. The other is issue is the stripes on this car. I have read other threads about how to remove them safely but I wonder do they leave any kind of mark or shading underneath or can you buff and wax it so that you never know the stripes were there?

Side stripes I don't love but they are OK for now but the stripes on the hood the roof and the tale of the car I could not stand with in seven seconds but it is a nice clean car with performance package price will blow anything in my area.

538CA97D-1547-4D69-A246-E73D9C8DE30D_zpseujob8v2.gif

B71011FC-FDAB-406E-BFDD-DDB72062FEEE_zpsxdfhq0d0.gif

84E9FC5A-2C78-4FF6-A94B-3D2B075BEB68_zpshvzrascz.gif

Zemedici

Established Member
Man those stripes are awful.....hahahaha should be able to be removed though, as the car is new.

Ironman_GT

Established Member
Z - without the stripes tho...15' GT, clean Carfax with PP is pretty decent for $26 right? Lowest I've seen within 500 miles of me. Love the CO.

I did go to the dealership with that other competition on performance package up higher in the thread but I could not get together with them on Numbers

SuperSoulless

Established Member
Getting that one with the stripes is your best bet I think. Simply tell the dealership you want the stripes removed. They'll do it for you before you pick it up. Love the color

----------------------------------
2009 GT500
Black with Red Stripe Appearance Package
Flowmaster Outlaw Catback

Zemedici

Established Member
Z - without the stripes tho...15' GT, clean Carfax with PP is pretty decent for $26 right? Lowest I've seen within 500 miles of me. Love the CO.

I did go to the dealership with that other competition on performance package up higher in the thread but I could not get together with them on Numbers

That is a very good price, and as stated above, have the dealer remove the stripes. No biggie. Go get her!

Ironman_GT

Established Member
Thanks Fellas… It's out of state so I got to figure out how the damn taxes work… If I finance in my state they get worked into the deal - out of state I think I have to pay the taxes out of pocket when I bring her back home which would stink to high heaven. This is a little bit smaller dealership but I have family that has bought a car up here with good experience… Should I trust that they can take those stripes off the right way or just do it myself or have it done here locally instead?

Ironman_GT

Established Member
Are the side banner stripes at the bottom OK for now? I don't love them but they don't make me want to run into oncoming traffic like the ones on the hood tail and roof of the car. Those need to come off asap.

Zemedici

Established Member
The side stripes are alright, and I would have faith the dealership can remove some stickers. No worries.

Ironman_GT

Established Member
This is a very small dealership out of state close to where I have immediate family. We talked about the stripe removal and they told me they would have to Out source it that they did not want their car detail people to try to do it… I almost think I'm more comfortable taking on the task myself to make sure it's done properly and gently. I called the decal place that put the RTR stripes on my current 2011 and they want to $225 to take them off and also mentioned that they generally use a heat source for the vinyl stripes and plastic scrapers if the adhesive a stubborn- no thank you!

Ironman_GT

Established Member
Had my brother swing by to look at his car said it drove great… Sounded loud and I am not an exhaust expert by any means so I had him snap a few pictures… Can you guys tell anything right off the bat from these?

531DE257-4F4D-4C30-8BF4-3AC78EED1F27_zpsnfyvaifn.gif

18EB14F9-6083-4EDA-B209-8567A6B95C27_zpsnirdljkm.gif

E0A7E7E8-7931-42AD-A10E-3CB6EC9D3FF6_zpscicgaagh.gif

55B3ACC1-2E49-4628-97CD-223F69944503_zpscrfcmwdx.gif

5A16E742-6764-49CF-A2F1-BA00968DAFED_zps7jthmo9t.gif

C4CF3198-2FBC-4E2C-98C4-0E28E8638420_zpsa1ezcmll.gif

Users who are viewing this thread