C Quartz Pro price check

Kel

Established Member
Took my car to the local C Quartz installer around here for an estimate and just wanted to get the group's take on relative cost as I have no clue. Car is a 14 GB/White GT 500 with Alcoa Super Snakes, low miles, NEVER been in rain or washed/waxed (I'm either anal or lazy, haven't yet decided :) ) in fact wipers have not been used. Anyways, I'm also realistic enough to know that sitting in the show room for a while or using some detailer to clean off dust is going to leave small imperfections on the surface. Paint depth was 3-4 mm (which he said was good compared to other vehicles) with a low of 1.6 or so on the black gloss pieces before/aft of the glass roof. He felt a minor correction (believe he called it stage 1) would be all that was needed and estimated a total of 4 days required with C Quartz pro at $1500 for the paint and wheels (glass, interior would be extra but I don't think I'd need those given it's a garage queen essentially). Again, I'm not complaining about the cost, just getting a "price check" from the experienced details on here. TIA!

Kel

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Does that price include the paint correction? If so it's not a bad price at all. Around my area just the application of Quartz is about $1100.

Kel

Established Member
Does that price include the paint correction? If so it's not a bad price at all. Around my area just the application of Quartz is about $1100.

It does, there really wasn't very much required he said - defects from the OEM paint job, possibly people brushing up in the show room, some dummy using Meguair's detailerCA duster :), etc. The low end (without wheels) used for DD cars was $600 and the high end C Quartz finest/reserve was $2,000 (included glass).

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I had my truck done with Cquartz Finest. All of the exterior, including wheels/inside wheels and windows. I paid 950 bucks. Inculdes a full interior and engine bay detail.
Full paint correction first as it is needed when applying a ceramic coating. Took 10 hours with 3 people on it. Cquartz Finest can only applied be applied by certified and approved detail shops. Cquartz is one of the best ceramic coatings in my opinion. There are 3 levels of Cquartz coatings.
Cquartz, Cquartz U.K. and Cquartz Finest. (I have seen one more, but the name escapes me and I haven't seen it much. I think it was used by a forum member here.)

***The shop I used in MA was voted one of the top 9 detail shops in the U.S.A. by AutoWeek Magazine.

madscotsman

Established Member
I live in the Midwest. Got a paint correction done last summer for $250.. Took the guy 3 days using all McGuiars products. Was quoted right at $1100 for the c-quartz application. He talked me out of it saying he could correct the paint 1x every year or every other year 5-6 times instead of the cost of the c-quartz. Does c-quartz help with keeping dust off the car? Blows my mind that I can blow or spray dust right off the car, but it sits solid on the surface at 100mph on the highway (black car).

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
IMO: you'd want to limit the amount of 'correction(s)' performed on the vehicle with the 'thickness' or lack thereof of today's clear coats.

The ceramic coatings will make maintenance so much easier. They will also, with proper maintenance, assist in preventing some marring/water etching/bird bomb etchings, etc.

Most coatings have 'self cleaning' abilities, that is, they assist in shedding the dirt/etc of the vehicle reducing the amount of mechanical 'work' needed, again reducing the 'time on target' of something contacting you paint surface.

Hope this helps you!

motoo344

Established Member
IMO: you'd want to limit the amount of 'correction(s)' performed on the vehicle with the 'thickness' or lack thereof of today's clear coats.

The ceramic coatings will make maintenance so much easier. They will also, with proper maintenance, assist in preventing some marring/water etching/bird bomb etchings, etc.

Most coatings have 'self cleaning' abilities, that is, they assist in shedding the dirt/etc of the vehicle reducing the amount of mechanical 'work' needed, again reducing the 'time on target' of something contacting you paint surface.

Hope this helps you!

I agree with this. Unless you are using a very mild abrasive you are going to run out of clear coat eventually. The coating while expensive in the short term will yield better results long term.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
How long does it last?

Reminds me of the the Simoniz coatings people tried to sell you on 20 or so years ago...

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
^^^Way different, but I remember that stuff!! LOL.
It is truly new chemistry now, and will realistically, with proper maintenance, last 2 years or more.

I hate to say it will go longer, as I do not have any personal experience with any coating lasting longer than 2-3 years. My personal car has been coated now for going on 3 years and is still going strong.

Users who are viewing this thread