California dam

oldmodman

Established Member
29933348-29933348.jpg
Lake-Oroville-Featured.jpg
I was too slow getting these other pics up.......

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
Trump should tell them if you keep promise and separate from the USA. We will give you all the help you need.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I believe I read , they had discovered damage to the spill way on the 4th.
Yesterday was the 12th.
They knew full well the water was coming from these storms , and chose to not inform the people that may be harmed .
Then they had deadlocked roads , with people trying to conform to orders to evacuate .
Heads in asses .

Coiled03

Established Member
I heard they knew about it YEARS ago, but didn't fix it due to lack of funding. You know....cuz they're so busy supporting illegals.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I heard they knew about it YEARS ago, but didn't fix it due to lack of funding. You know....cuz they're so busy supporting illegals.
Environmental groups complained of the packed dirt Emergancy overflow. Said it needed concrete border. Engineers disagreed. This was in 05. Engineerered said it was up to current engineering specs.

The concrete spillway water release developed a 40 ft deep hole the size of a football field. It needs to be fixed.
At the same time the Emergancy overflow was needed for the first time ever. This packed ground was eroding too. The engineers were wrong.

They are realeasing 100+ plus a sec. I think I read 40 is coming in to the lake. They are trying to drop it by 50 ft by wed new storms.
Currently it's dropping 1 ft every 3 hours. They won't make it at this pace.

97snakebite

Established Member
Unrelated but still in ca just south of sacramento

Walnut Grove Leeve Failure

WALNUT GROVE, Calif. (KCRA) —
Residents in the Tyler Island area, which is south of Walnut Grove, are being urged to evacuate because an area levee could fail, Sacramento County Water Resources spokesman Matt Robinson said.

There are about 20 homes in the area.

Safe travel routes include Tyler Island Road south to Tyler Island Bridge Road and then to River Road either north or south. Residents can also use Tyler Island/San Andrus Island Road north to Walnut Grove Road and then north or south to either River Road or West Walnut Grove Road.

Residents can get additional road closure information from 311.

No other details have been released.
download+%285%29.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MFE

Established Member
Just heard. Read it on Breitbart.

CA does not know it's ass from its head. For the last 10 years all the media has done is complain that the people use too much water.
No no water we don't have water. All the while the state releases millions of gallons of fresh water back to the ocean. This was all done in the middle of the so called drought.

This power play has been going on for longer than most people recognize with Gov browns dad purchasing/destroying all copies of a book from the 60's claiming there are vast amounts of water reservoirs beneath the ground water we know today.

Fact: there is no less water today than there was 1k years ago in, on, or above the earth.

Fact: CA water problem is made up so the state can control the people.

Fact: CA wants to not follow federal laws but still wants use of all its federal money plus Emergancy funds.

Fact: CA is screwed! Let all the Hollywood elites bail out the CA freeloaders!!

...and as the state dumps half its fresh water in the ocean to protect a bullshit fishery, it blames agriculture for using the other half, spends billions on tunnels and trains nobody needs, and not a dime on infrastructure improvement like dams.

Established Member
I've read that even if the levees fail that the dam and lake would remain intact, so at least it wont be some million person catastrophe. From those posted pictures I could see how that's true.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It really depends if the spillway is superficial or not.

I'm not an engineer however if there is unstabilization in the earth under the cement spillway there could be other places as well including the dam. It's a good thing no ones noticed anything yet in the dam itself.

I've been on top. 770ft to the river below. It may not sound high, but if you've ever been on the 77th floor of a high rise looking down.

If one part fails it could cause other parts to go.

NastyNate420

Established Member
I lived in Oroville back in 2011. I believe that was the last time the damn was open full blast. I lived on the complete opposite side of town up in the start of the mountains. Most of the town is down in the flats below the dam. I lived in Sac up untill a year ago. Reading about them dumping the fresh water into the ocean for some fish or whatever it was was ridiculous. Here are some pics from back in March 2011
dam1.jpg
dam2.jpg

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Maybe you never heard about the dumping of water to save the sucker fish ?
That would not surprise me , I mean it is Comieforina
I lived in Oroville back in 2011. I believe that was the last time the damn was open full blast. I lived on the complete opposite side of town up in the start of the mountains. Most of the town is down in the flats below the dam. I lived in Sac up untill a year ago. Reading about them dumping the fresh water into the ocean for some fish or whatever it was was ridiculous. Here are some pics from back in March 2011View attachment 83226 View attachment 83227

Users who are viewing this thread