Calling all 2.7 F-150 EB owners

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I'm in the same boat and honestly going to go with whatever motor I get the best deal on (2.7, 3.5 or 5.0). Mine will be used for normal trips to the hardware store and some slight towing. Most I'll be towing is a clamshell two place snowmobile trailer or a SxS on an open trailer.

Any motor should do that for me no problem. Kinda liking the 2.7 since it's my DD and the little extra MPGs would help. And I'm coming from a 5.0 Explorer so they'll all feel like beasts.

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
I bought a 16 new screw 4x4 with 2.7 and so far it's been great. It will easily get over 20mpg. I haven't towed with it yet but had a yard of stone and it felt fine, even though the truck was overloaded.

Ran it at track out of curiosity, stock it went 14.6@95 if I remember don't know where slip is.

My only gripe is changing the oil. I don't like the cartridge oil filters. Also having to make sure you don't over fill engine with oil.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

nickf2005

Established Member
I bought a 16 new screw 4x4 with 2.7 and so far it's been great. It will easily get over 20mpg. I haven't towed with it yet but had a yard of stone and it felt fine, even though the truck was overloaded.

Ran it at track out of curiosity, stock it went 14.6@95 if I remember don't know where slip is.

My only gripe is changing the oil. I don't like the cartridge oil filters. Also having to make sure you don't over fill engine with oil.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
Is your 20mpg calculated by the computer? I'm getting 19.2 in my 3.5, so I'm happy to see I'm not missing that much fuel mileage.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
The 2.7 isn't anywhere near under powered in my opinion. Infact, I can't tell the difference unloaded between my 2.7 and my fathers 3.5. I originally only wanted a 5.0 but after a 6 month search for exactly what I wanted, I ended up settling for the 2.7 which i'm more than happy with. I drive 100 miles per day and average 20.5mpg in fx4 leveled configuration hand calculated. Pulling a 17ft bass boat gets me 17mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread