Cam covers, AFCO, KB 2.2, 03 Cobra Installation Pictures - Some assembly req.!

sonicmach1

Established Member

sonicmach1

Established Member
It has been awhile since I have been active on here since the F4 tornado that hit my town and my home in Nov. 2013. We are still working through home repairs. I have not done anything with the Cobra except replacing the R888s in the rear with a new set (about 5K on them). I drove it a whopping 1085 miles in 2014!

Here are two more signs that my wife had made for me using some of my pictures for Christmas. A coworker has a business that works with laser etched acrylic, wood, metallic items, etc. for very reasonable prices.

Lit LED red display
BY_cobra_LED_sign_12252014.jpg

Metallic 14x11" display
This cell phone picture is not very good, but the sign is great. It is etched on some black material with a metallic layer underneath.
BY_cobra_metallic_sign_12252014.jpg

My garage rebuild with more gas sign additions.
BY_garage_12302014.jpg

sonicmach1

Established Member
Lit Acrylic Displays

I have gotten some interest in the details on the lit acrylic photo displays from above. It is a peer at work's hobby. If you are interested in them, PM me and I can give you some contact details.

Thank you.

Last edited:

sonicmach1

Established Member
Small Updates - been awhile!

So my car has been pretty much status quo for a few years. Haven't had that much time after all the tornado stuff to take care of.

Well this past weekend I finally got the spark to work on it some after I finished my spring oil change. Nothing major, but some fun project work and parts I had sitting around.

License Plate LEDs
After going 100% LED on my son's WRX, I could not take the yellow license plate bulbs on my Cobra. (I already had the HID 6000K front lights taken care of).
Google search yielded $35 LEDs for the rear. Ouch. So a little research and a trip to banggood.com (direct China parts), I found the same LEDs for $0.99 each or $0.77 each for an order of 4!

Easy to replace. Be sure to line the terminals up. I put a little dab of silicone on the bulb/holder to ensure it does not rattle out.
license_LED.jpg

Rear_LED1.jpg

LEDs.jpg

Changed the differential fluid - well about 60% of it by sucking it out.

Only 23,000 miles, but 13 yrs old. Replaced with Mobil1 75w140 plus Ford friction modifier. I'll have to repeat this a few times to half life the oil.
Old_New_Diff_fluid.jpg

Replaced the steering rack bushings with urethane ones and new pins (to fix the creaking of the rack)
This was done without disconnecting the rack or endlinks which was a plus.
Steering_Rack1.jpg

Steering_Rack2.jpg

While I was at it, I replaced the sway bar endlinks with a Maximum Motorsports urethane kit.
endlinks_front.jpg

sonicmach1

Established Member
The above small work got me thinking about the suspension pieces. Since I am still using the stock shocks with my H&R springs, I am well due for better shocks matched to the higher spring rate and lower ride height.

After a bunch of research, I decided on the Maximum Motorsports MM Sport setup:
GetImage.ashx

Picked up some supportive parts for the same project:

MMRSB-94 IRS Sway Bar End Link Set, 1999-04 Cobra
6-1136-BL Swaybar Bushing, 29 mm
6-1157-BL IRS urethane swaybar bushings, 1999-04 Cobra 1
MMSM-105 Shock Eye Replacement Bushings, IRS only
Service-8 Shock circlips for Bilstein and MM shocks
Service-6 Dustcover, non-coil-over strut
Ball Joint Dust Boots

sonicmach1

Established Member
Nice updates are the LED bulbs you put in just plug and play?

Yes, direct fit. Just line up the LED wire to the harness wires like normal. I added a bit of silicone to keep them set. I also polished off some of the black paint masking on the bulb housing covers since they do not glare like the halogens.

77 cents per bulb shipped - delivered in 7 to 12 days.

Users who are viewing this thread