Camber and track alignment 2

Established Member
At some point I read the struts on our cars have oblong bolt holes and this contributes to camber adjustability. Anybody know for certain one way or the other on this?

On my '16 GT350 I asked the dealer to set the track alignment before delivery and they could only got -.5 on the driver side and -1.1 on the pass side, like the others here posted so I accepted the car anyway... The article I read seemed believable though and the level of GT350 knowledge among technicians or how much they want to work is questionable. Heck my R dealership left the shipping spacers in...

The scoop is I need to set the camber to afford to keep shoes on the R, so I hope I can set something symmetric and somewhat close to the recommended track alignment without camber plates.

Anyone seen under the strut bolts on the front spindle knuckle?

Last edited:

svtguy

Established Member
Anyone seen under the strut bolts on the front spindle knuckle?

Removed the struts to install Vorshlag CC plates on a friends 17R and the strut bolt holes were not oblong.

Paul

Established Member
Removed the Vorshlag CC plates

Paul

Those look nice.

I'm just a little disappointed in the fine print, seems like SVT would offer easy paths on a few obvious items they specify, like transmission coolers and alignment specs.

The tech pack cooling upgrade was a pain and I had a bad experience with camber plate quality (noise) in my '14.

I guess they had to draw a line somewhere and I keep crossing it. Project Queued.

Users who are viewing this thread