Can someone help me check out a Cobra for purchase?

arbs

Established Member
Hi good people of SVTPerformance. Ive been out of the Cobra game for a couple years now and I want to get back into one. The only issue is, Im looking at one that looks really promising but its high mileage and its about 6 hours away from me. Im in the SF bay area and the car is down in SoCal in the outskirts of LA.

Would anyone down there good with Cobras be willing to check out the car for me? Im not sure what youd want from my end but I can pay if thats what it takes to get me back into a cobra again. I just dont want to go out there and waste my time if the car didnt check out.

The car is a 10th anniversary and currently has a little under 110k miles, Bassani catback, Magnaflow catless x, a ported blower by some local mustang shop, and an upper BF pulley. I think its a 2.93, I cant really make it out on the pictures. From the video I was sent, it sounds like there might be a head tick but the owner said it could also be a leaking exhaust.

Thanks guys, if I can get some help Id really appreciate it!!!!:)

wckdvnm

Established Member
I’m out in the IE but I can check the car out for you if you like. You would just have to let me know when and where.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

arbs

Established Member
I’m out in the IE but I can check the car out for you if you like. You would just have to let me know when and where.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Man that would be sweet! Are you familiar with the sound of the head tick at all? Ive had 3 cobras (98, 03 and 04) and never heard anything so not even sure what it sounds like in person.

Thank you.

nxhappy

Established Member
I would my dude but I'm still 4 hours away haha. Nothing out in SF huh? what is your budget and what are you scouting for ?

arbs

Established Member
I would my dude but I'm still 4 hours away haha. Nothing out in SF huh? what is your budget and what are you scouting for ?

Unfortunately nothing out here in the bay area within 2-3 hours from me. I lucked out on the first Terminator I got (its the one in my sig). I sold it to some guy locally, Im not sure if hes here on the forums but the car has a whipple and is pretty bad ass now and its all over YouTube. Almost makes me want to punch myself everytime I see videos.

Anyway, I really wanted a silver 10th anniversary or a silver 04 with dark suede and thats the only one I can find thats somewhat close to me thats priced decent, the only thing is the mileage but for my price range I know I cant be picky. Theres another 10th in like Iowa or something and they want $29,900 for it. Then theres a silver 04 in the east coast at a dealership but i found out the the car had nitrous before. Who knows what the engine is like in that thing.. I was trying to keep my budget around $18k-$21k.

Users who are viewing this thread