Can someone please explain this?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Lol. Why? Because I think you should be above the petty cowardice that exists within inhumane pieces of trash? Or because I think the death penalty is a necessary evil?
Back in the good ol' days you could get ten people to point and scream at someone and have them hung up without ever going to court. Lots of sarcasm mixed with truth.

Sent from my XT1650 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Just curious, what's everyone's thoughts on rehabilitation for non-capital punishment crimes?

Not a bad idea. Given people are people, and they've found that when you treat inmates like criminals, they inherently become more corrupt over time. It makes sense to remove them from a system designed to treat them as nothing but awful terrible people (despite their crimes) and provide opportunities for redemption, forgiveness, and productive outcomes.

How we do that, I have no idea. But it's a nice thought. Even it's completely unfeasible.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I'd be fine with it. However, if he/she commits another murder, then the judge that approved their release has to also face life in prison.

You missed the "non" part of non-capital punishment crime in my question. Murder wouldn't be eligible in this scenario for rehab and release. Read it too fast I bet.

Coiled03

Established Member
Just curious, what's everyone's thoughts on rehabilitation for non-capital punishment crimes?

That all depends on the crime. There are plenty of non-capital punishment crimes that are pretty gruesome.

Taking that out of the equation, I don't like the idea. People with evil in their hearts are likely to do anything, including faking the desired behavior, to get back out and do evil again.

Zemedici

Established Member
@IronSnake youre assuming that these individuals are not past the point of salvation, and they are.

Killing an innocent individual is not something you come back from. Someone like that should not be walking around in society. Would you want your children around someone like that?

If the answer is no, then what’s the point in rehabilitation? Zero point. Off with them. This PC bullshit has to stop. It’s making us weak as a nation.

Four Door SVT

Established Member
Let him out like they did Gaddafi to die at home of his ailments then when he walks out the gate run his ass over with a semi

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
@IronSnake youre assuming that these individuals are not past the point of salvation, and they are.

Killing an innocent individual is not something you come back from. Someone like that should not be walking around in society. Would you want your children around someone like that?

If the answer is no, then what’s the point in rehabilitation? Zero point. Off with them. This PC bullshit has to stop. It’s making us weak as a nation.

I suppose. But I wasn't necessarily speaking to rehabilitating someone that has committed murder. More so along the lines of the other types of felonies out there. Aside from rape/murder. Which there are plenty of non-killers in jail.

As far as the PC bologna, I only meant to express a desire to be above the shittiness of a murderer. I don't see the point at existing at their level. Treat someone humanely despite their desire to do the same to you. But always always always keep your guard up and the cuffs on.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Why is this not in the politics section?

Just because an individual was inhumane in their actions does not justify your inhumanity. You act accordingly to the character you wish to be and those actions are a direct view of who you are- not them.

This person could ask for a drink of water and instead of providing, you chose to spit in it. All that does is show you're an asshole. It doesn't speak to their character at all.

Be above the poor character of others, and you will lead a much happier life. I say that as someone that understands the death penalty is a necessary evil.

This thought process assumes the perp is worth receiving your high moral "character" as you put it.

The whole idea of stiff punishment for violent crime is to DETER others from doing it.

Shaking hands with, and bowing in front of criminals with a smile on your face makes you look weak and invites other violent criminals to escalate their bad behavior.

Zemedici

Established Member
I suppose. But I wasn't necessarily speaking to rehabilitating someone that has committed murder. More so along the lines of the other types of felonies out there. Aside from rape/murder. Which there are plenty of non-killers in jail.

As far as the PC bologna, I only meant to express a desire to be above the shittiness of a murderer. I don't see the point at existing at their level. Treat someone humanely despite their desire to do the same to you. But always always always keep your guard up and the cuffs on.

But why? He’s a complete scumbag but ‘should receive empathy’ because other human beings are capable of such emotions when he’s not?

No. As stated above you will appear weak. **** that. They act like animals and get treated as such. There’s no ‘gray area’ here

Users who are viewing this thread