Canadian sniper smashes the longest sniper kill record

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Who thinks this was luck, combined with skill?

IMG_0262.GIF

Still cool though.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Impressive, but can he knock a fly off a horse's ass?
yes but not without killing the horse.

Was there a spotter and if so, where was his credit?
. The article I read says there was a spotter. It also talked about how Canadian snipers work in pairs. That are probably the best trained in the world

C0bra99

Established Member
Make it a box of Timbits please, and don't skimp on the chocolate and jelly!
Can you pick me up a double double also?

PPCLI dates back to early 1900 and is named after the granddaughter of the Queen Victoria.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

blk02edge

Established Member
10 seconds worth of sorry's before the bullet hit the target. probably apologized 15 times between firing the TAC-50 to hitting the target

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is an amazing sharpshooting feat, but as RDJ said, a spotter was involved. And that spotter has to get a lot of the credit. It was definitely a team effort.

According to ex-U.S. Ranger Ryan Cleckner, “The spotter would have had to successfully calculate five factors: distance, wind, atmospheric conditions and the speed of the earth’s rotation at their latitude. Because wind speed and direction would vary over the two miles the bullet traveled, the true challenge here was being able to calculate the actual wind speed and direction all the way to the target. To get the atmospheric conditions just right, the spotter would have had to understand the temperature, humidity and barometric pressure of the air the round had to travel through."

Pic of the 50 caliber McMillan TAC-50 rifle used.
1498153983885.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread