Car feels loose/ wobbly

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
I have an 11 GT500

Pretty stock with almost new Pilot powers

I have it lowered on eibach springs along with the eibach dampening kit and panhard.

When driving at 60 to 85 or so it feels pretty wobbly and loose going around a slight curve feels horrible and even at lower speeds the car kind of feels like it sway from side to side.

Had a 4 wheel alignment done when everything was installed.

Do I need LCA/UCA or could something be loose? Anyone experience this? Thanks

barspen

Established Member
There is a Power Steering Module computer flash TSB on the '11 to take care of the wobble at 55+ MPH. I got hit by it on my '11.

Other than that, I would have the tires 'force balanced' at the dealership. Make sure the lugs are secure and torqued to 100ft/lbs.

You said "pretty stock", so I'm assuming you don't have aftermarket wheels? If you do, there is a rotor retainer clip you need to remove on some wheels or it will cause the symptoms you mentioned.

Sounds like you need to get these things taken care of before you look into any upgrades...

SirShaun

Established Member
Sounds like the wheel lugs aren't tight. I'd make sure those lugs are tightened.

Troponin

Established Member
Michelin tires caused mine to do this, and has caused it on many others too. Does it feel like a boat swaying when you hit little bumps etc on the road?

And no, this is not tire scrubbing, please don't suggest that's what I experienced. The Michelin rep insulted my intelligence enough with all his crap. Pulled the tires and replaced them with Nittos and it went away

Troponin

Established Member
Just to add, there are pages and pages on the hellcat forms and one thread here that showed Michelin's were one of the tires causing this. I think it has something to do with the tire design and the rigid tread shape when the edges of the tires or something to do with the sidewall.

I think certain Goodyears my closet as well, but I did not experience any of it with the Perelli's

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Even though Michelin doesn't recognize any issue with many MPSS tires I think it's a good likely hood the tires are your issue.

Without the wobble issues I have had the tires would be perfect. Hopefully the newest version will leave this flaw in the past.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I assume you have checked tire pressures, may as well start with the simple stuff.

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
thanks for all the replies, I checked the pressure its good the lugs are good, I was more wondering to if anyone had suspension components that were causing this to.

But yea it does sometimes feel like it sways from side to side for no reason at all. That sucks these tires are brand new lol I like the way they look and stuff but if they cause these issues then screw them.

I think will go with some nittos and get them force balanced
any other tires people like?

Oh and yes wheels are stock

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Did you check your sway bars and control arms? The stock control arms leave a LOT to be desired. If the bushings are shot, I would imagine they would let the car feel unstable.

scotsam

Established Member
Albrightsville, Pennsylvania, United States
I would think too little caster would make the car less stable at speed? If you lowered the car with all stock suspension maybe the rubber bushings are bound? Try loosening all the control arms front and rear, loading the suspension (either jack stand, ramps, or pit) and tightening the control arms with the suspension loaded. It's a long shot but maybe.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
What size tires? What air pressure are you running? Were you running these tires prior to the drop? Is the panhard bar adjustable and is it properly adjusted?

Users who are viewing this thread