Car sways side to side when im driving

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
any suspension work done on the car? I had that issue and installed the mm steering rack bushings and front bump -steer kit and a new 4 wheel bump-steer alignment. Impulse eng. In hunt. Beach did the install and alignment, great work, the car tracks much better now. They also installed bruce's full r. Bushing kit with r. Bumpsteer kit last year. No more wheel hop, a great mod.

+1

Zeekmann

Established Member
take it in and get the bushings checked, same thing happened to me and it kept getting worse, I almost did not make it to the shop before I could not drive it. The whole rack moved back and forth when they got it on the lift. 200 fix, just make sure they order all 4.

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
does it happen all the time or on certain roads? look at the wear on your front tires. It may be something called tramlining. It is when the tire will jerk to follow the road . it maybe a hump or dip or groove in the road etc. If you Google tramlining it will explain it better that I can. I had it start on my 01 cobra when the tires wore down to a certain level and went away when I replaced them.

G04cobra

Established Member
Just got back from the shop, I ended up replacing the steering rack bushings and got it aligned. I took it for a test drive and it does the same thing, the steering wheel feels firmer that before but the swaying is still there. The front tires are about 6 months old, I'm gonna try to wiggle the rear tires to see if that's the problem.

G04cobra

Established Member
I went back today and now they are saying its my rack and pinion, does this sound like a possibility? they also told me to replace these bushings int front of the differential, does anyone know what they are called?
bushings.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread