Catastrophic Failure - Post Your Carnage Pics and Vids

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Not many people get blessed with seeing the aftermath of a catastrophic failure of engines, trans, diffs, etc. I was going through some old pics and found an image of my 4.6L. Figured I would see if anyone had some pics to share.

Anyone care for a little valve float at 8,000 RPM's?

mustang_piston.jpg

mustang_heads1.jpg

mustang_cam.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tried to find the photo of my old Honda Civic block that had a hole punched through it the size of a silver dollar. Can't find it. :( But if I do, I'll post it. What a mess it made of my garage floor when I coasted in.

coposrv

Established Member
079c8cf72a971a0c66c4edf54a308829.jpg

I don't have any pics on my phone but this is my neighbors 1g? Talon. Broke into the nines on a stock short block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coposrv

Established Member
Broke into the 9's last year and was a consistent low 10 second car this year. My uncle just built him a new garage behind his house and he's building another motor AND searching for a gtr. He's my idol haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue 07

Established Member
I am getting sick all over again thinking about it but here are the pics of my 07 that had FRP Cams installed wrong (by one tooth apparently) and a connecting rod blew a hole through the block . Made it about 3 miles before it blew up. Installed by a Ford mechanic who used to work for Steeda as well and did it for me as a side job. $400 cheaper than having the dealership do it, ended up costing me $6,000 for new motor and install. NEVER got any $ from him either !! Live and learnmotor disaster 002.jpg motor disaster 006.jpg motor disaster 008.jpg motor disaster 010.jpg motor disaster 007.jpg

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Man, that's not cool at all. Sorry to hear about that. Man... Cams on the 4.6 are so easy to do too. How the hell did he screw that job up so bad?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Damn! What's the back story on that one?

Tons of nitrous on a stock LT1. Sprayed over 60 bottles through that engine before it let go. Would've gone even longer except for my mistake. Oh well, I built a 396 stroker for it along with a nice H/C/I combo and put the bottle back on it for more fun. I loved that car.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Amazing shots guys! I don't thing I have ever seen a sleeve slip or a crank snap. Thank you all for sharing!

If you're referring to mine, the sleeve didn't slip. The engine actually has a 3 piece head/cylinder/crankcase design, and the sleeve extends out of the middle piece into the crankcase.

Users who are viewing this thread