CEL after tune 04 cobra

richmustang1880

Established Member
I installed both the performance and 91 octane performance tune changing both to delete to rear 02 sensors after i installed an o/r x pipe and the CEL keeps coming on.

Then I deleted the code from the stored memory reinstalled the tune minus the rear o2 changes and used mil deletes....light still comes on

so the computer changes and manual changes aren't working and I don't know what i should do short of a custom tune that i don't want to pay for at the moment.

I'm using a predator tuner

does anyone have any ideas?

cj428mach

Established Member
Have you checked the code to see if its a rear O2 code?

I know when I started self tuning I forgot to turn off my rear O2 codes and I ran for 100's of miles before I ever got a code for rear O2's. I think it takes a certain amount of time to trigger the rear O2 code its not instant so if you're seeing a code instantly its probably not the rear O2.

decipha

Established Member
odbii mil tst and obdii tst switch bits need to be changed from 247/xxx to either 0 - no test or 18 no emissions checks

make sure the hego-config scalar is changed from 2 to 0 - no rear hegos, along with changing FAOSC sw from 1 to 0 - disable for aft oxy sensor correction

the custom tuning software is free for the cobra, sell that predator abd buy yourself a moates quarterhorse, youll thank me later

Users who are viewing this thread