Charger

Jrt

Established Member
Which is safest? I have a 2015 5.0 already a few small mods but was thinking about a top mount charger that is safe and produces good power without self destucting the engine ....any help would be much appreciated and I'm sure this topic is on her somewhere and also any good tuners near houston tx?

Sent from my SM-G935T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Kiohtee

Established Member
You really can't go wrong with a VMP or Whipple. Even a Paxton/Vortech is fine, but lacks the torque.

calebdnehus

Established Member
What's comp? I was thinking a wgipple but scared motor will come apart

2015+ coyote has a 11.0 compression ratio. As long as you stay in a sensiable power and PSI range you will be fine. 10 psi and about 650whp should keep the motor alive for a while as long as you dont beat the hell out of it every single day.

Sorry what's vmp?

VMP is a tuner/supercharger company started and ran by Justin Starkey. Not sure exactly on the specifics but I know they make a damn good supercharger kit. Pretty popular on here. But as stated before, you cant go wrong with the VMP, whipple, or paxton/vortech. It just depends on what you want. VMP will have torque way down low, paxton/vortech function more like a turbo, and the whipple is similar to the VMP but has a higher ceiling as it is a larger displacement charger (2.9 normally compared to VMP 2.3)

Jrt

Established Member
I was thinking roush stage 2 or whipple...i already habe exhaust and long tubes so I'm sure the tuner that comes with the kit won't work as for my 02 sensors are deleted and has hp tuners so I guess if have to find a good tuner/ dyno....any recommendations in Houston area

calebdnehus

Established Member
I was thinking roush stage 2 or whipple...i already habe exhaust and long tubes so I'm sure the tuner that comes with the kit won't work as for my 02 sensors are deleted and has hp tuners so I guess if have to find a good tuner/ dyno....any recommendations in Houston area

If you are considering the roush then go with VMP, its the roush version but better and it comes with tuning. I'm not sure if they support HP tuners but they might. Give them a call and they'll give you better info than I can. If you are in houston, then you should be able to ask around and find a good speed shop. Theyre all over out in Dallas.

Jrt

Established Member
Ok cool thanks man....im new to the mustang except the old foxbodys....but pretty impressed I raved a supercharged zl1 camaro yesterday it was stock but....i won by atleast 2 links so I'm more than happy with my s550

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ok cool thanks man....im new to the mustang except the old foxbodys....but pretty impressed I raved a supercharged zl1 camaro yesterday it was stock but....i won by atleast 2 links so I'm more than happy with my s550

Your exhaust and longtube 5.0L put two car lengths on a ZL1?

TBuick87

Established Member
I Had a 2012 Auto ZL1, it Went Consistent 11.9-11.8 on the Stock 305's..Yoursaying a Longtubes, Intake Tune, s550 is Quicker?? Sounds Fishy?

Jrt

Established Member
Power to weight ratio!! I won period..im now installing my charger and should be over 720rwhp ...so that zl1 will completely get it's ass gapped next time

Jrt

Established Member
My car isn't the fastest by all means never said anything like that... but I have three or four friends that have zl1s and 2 in my showroom of my business, and would not be scared at all to race any of them at any time

DarkMach1

Established Member
OP, Livernois has the cheapest PD blower available. Its a maggie 2.3 unit thats front fed like the whipple.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Safety is really in your tuner's hands. If you get a nice safe tune and run the correct octane for your tune consistently, there is no reason that you should have a problem with the engine. The S550 has quite the stout motor. You can run meth injection or switch to E85 and that will help. Just make sure you tell your tuner you want an ultra safe tune. He will most likely do a hero run on the dyno for you and print that out, then dial you back a few degrees of timing for it to be safe on the street.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
search button is ur friend..... topic been discussed a 1000 times!

calebdnehus

Established Member
Just got my car finished yesterday. Kooks 1 3/4 off road headers and a VMP stage 2 with 85mm pulley. Havent had a chance to measure boost yet but she sure as hell pulls harder than anything I've ever driven. Probably putting down between 550-600rwhp

Users who are viewing this thread