Check out this new 4lb lower pulley that uses the factory cage

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
here are a few pics of what me and one of my friends are having made. This particular one is a 4lb lower. This is actually the first one thats going on my friends Cobra for some initial testing and then coming back off. The 2nd one will be going on my car, this one will end up looking more like the stock lower pulley with slots in it or spokes i guess you could say. Whats nice is its design uses most of the stock pieces so i know it will be durable.

S6301979.gif

S6301978.gif

S6301981.gif

S6301985.gif

S6301982.gif

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
please keep us posted. would be alot better for our cranks less pressure on it.

No doubt, on my friends Cobra he just snapped all 3 bolts on his old Metco lower pulley that hold the center hub to the harmonic balancer, not a pretty sight but we're thinking that this might have happend from an overly tight belt. Regardless of what the reason was this is something that we Terminator owners need. The Metco style system works but this will work better, alot less stress on the crank end.

bond99

Established Member
About time somebody got one of these made, only been talked about for 3 years or so. Looks good.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
This is very cool. So something like this will not be as expensive or as hard to put on as the aftermarket ones right?
this would be as easy to install as any other lower pulley set up

Freakin sweet! Looks great, hope it works out good. I'd have interest in one as well.
wow, id love to have one as well!

i'll give you guys more info after the initial testing is complete

Very good idea, do you plan on fabbing some up and selling them or are they strictly for your use?

more will be made but i really want to fully test the first couple to make sure everything is OK. As the design of these goes on there already have been slight improvements that will be implemented on the next one.

Is this the one that the guy from modfords designed last year?
No, this is a brand new design....well let me clarify, new to us as i have never seen what the other guy has come up with. Like i said, this uses alot of the factory pieces which are already proven by Ford.

I want one.
I'll keep you guys updated on this.

The pulley pictured in the 1st post will be installed this coming weekend so as the car puts some miles (and RPMs) on this thing we'll see how everything goes then the 2nd one will be made later down the road. After looking at this and seeing how its made i can tell you that it will last as long as the stock piece easily. Some very nice engineering here!

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
a little late to the game here but it'll be worth the wait. Me personally, i refused to put a lower on that didnt retain the factory support bracketry. I know many have used the others with zero problems but it just wasnt a risk that i wanted to take.

BTW, im in North Ridgeville which is a suburb outside of Cleveland.

Users who are viewing this thread