Chester Linkin Park Lead Singer Dead

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Damn... was my favorite band as a kid. Saw him and Chris Cornell perform together. Hybrid Theory was their only good album really, Meteora was alright.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I dont understand that part either, to be honest. The state of mental healthcare in this country is deplorable, though. Could definitely use some stepping up.

But the man had access to ANY kind of therapy he could desire, I dont get it.

"Desire" being the operative word. People don't seek help when they don't want help. (Or don't realize they need it.)

If it's going to be musicians, why can't it be people like Beiber, Katy Perry, Ariana Grande?

Because they're WAY too narcissistic to off themselves. Besides, it would be a sad world without Katy Perry's titties in it.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Going out on a limb, I'll say with certainty a refund will be given.

Point a gun at my head and I can't name a song from this band.

They were comped so it's all good. You can't name one song?! Hybrid Theory and Meteora were the shit. When HT came out that's how I got through all the endurance races in Gran Turismo 2 on the PS1 lol... I would just play the CD on loop and know that I could get through it 6 times to unlock that bad ass Cosworth rally car.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I'm numb. In the end, I guess it doesn't really matter. Day by day, he got one step closer to the edge till he was about to break.

Low hanging fruit- RIP to a very talented man. It's a shame he couldn't see the world as bright as it really is and chose to leave us so soon. He will be missed.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
*puts on flame suit*

I liked Lincoln Park, and used to listen to them in Highschool.... But with that being said, am I the only one who just doesn't give a shit about people who do drugs and alcohol and kill themselves, or get themselves killed unintentionally by doing them?

This guy had 6 ****ing kids, and now they have no father because he was a selfish drug addict with mental issues. I feel sorry for the family and those kids, not this guy. He made good music, and that's about where it stops... He was no messiah or anything special to humanity. Now the media will praise him like a demi-god and everyone will have to hear about it for the next few weeks. Then the process will repeat itself soon with another celebrity who does the same thing.

Everyday my dislike for Hollywood and the entertainment industry grows bigger, especially reading stories like this. Talent pissed away on drugs and selfishness, yet they are praised like a God. I would much rather hear stories about parents who spend their entire lives clean, working, and raise their kids into being normal productive members of society.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
As a person who suffers from bouts of depression, all I have to say is, what an asshole! As bad as things are and can ever be, putting a gun to your head, or taking an intentional overdose, etc, etc is just stupid and selfish. It must really be a hard life to have all of that money. Don't even talk about the stress of touring and making more music. If that was making him unhappy, he had the ability to walk a way at any time. Sorry if this seems insensitive, but I've been in the low and still hit that bottom from time to time, but making those around me that love me suffer my life ending is nothing that I would ever consider.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
As a person who suffers from bouts of depression, all I have to say is, what an asshole! As bad as things are and can ever be, putting a gun to your head, or taking an intentional overdose, etc, etc is just stupid and selfish. It must really be a hard life to have all of that money. Don't even talk about the stress of touring and making more music. If that was making him unhappy, he had the ability to walk a way at any time. Sorry if this seems insensitive, but I've been in the low and still hit that bottom from time to time, but making those around me that love me suffer my life ending is nothing that I would ever consider.

Exactly, pretty selfish. Everyone has depression at times too, it's a normal human emotion, you have highs and lows throughout life. For someone to make that as an excuse for why people do the shitty things they do is a cop-out. I've been depressed before in life, i've never taken drugs ever or even THOUGHT of killing myself. You suck it up, and move on.

How the hell did people get by a hundred years ago without all these doctors and pharmaceutical companies labeling people as having "depression" and feeding them medication like it was candy?....

This guy had 6 damn kids, and they are more than likely going to have issues for a long time, some maybe even the rest of their lives, because of his selfish actions. It's pretty messed up.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
It’s a hard subject, im sure everyone has/will hit rock bottom at some point in their life. Some are able to live thru it, others have a person to talk thru it, and well others live behind a mask. His money, fame, fans, etc couldve been his mask or could’ve added to his depression from his childhood sexual abuse.

In a way, I see it like people’s temper. Some lose their crap easily, other’s are able to control themselves or be in between.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
This guy had 6 damn kids, and they are more than likely going to have issues for a long time, some maybe even the rest of their lives, because of his selfish actions. It's pretty messed up.[/QUOTE]
You left out the part about Chester being sexually abused as a young child and attempting suicide as a teen? So that shitty burden has no effect?

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
You left out the part about Chester being sexually abused as a young child and attempting suicide as a teen? So that shitty burden has no effect?

That's a horrible thing to have happen to someone. I couldn't imagine going through that, and i'm sure that had an impact on why he did what he did. But it's not an excuse. He seemed to cope through it long enough to have 6 kids, and turn into a talented musician that was loved by thousands of people. All to just piss it away and leave your family stranded without a father. Selfish.... Pure and simple.

Zemedici

Established Member
That's a horrible thing to have happen to someone. I couldn't imagine going through that, and i'm sure that had an impact on why he did what he did. But it's not an excuse. He seemed to cope through it long enough to have 6 kids, and turn into a talented musician that was loved by thousands of people. All to just piss it away and leave your family stranded without a father. Selfish.... Pure and simple.

difficult for me to say, as I've never been molested or abused in any type of manner. So to be honest I have zero idea the affect that has on someone's mental health. But when someone has been through such situations, I tend to take their word for it, as like I said I dont have firsthand experience. If the person is being dramatic, then so be it. I would rather deal with someone dramatic than NOT deal with it and 6 months later be putting them in the ground.....ya know?
I've talked people out of killing themselves on multiple occasions, some VERY serious. Everyone handles trauma and stress differently. So its not up to me to 'decide' if they're faking it or not.

Just my .02

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

How the hell did people get by a hundred years ago without all these doctors and pharmaceutical companies labeling people as having "depression" and feeding them medication like it was candy?....

Many a story has been written about somebody throwing themselves off a cliff or a ship during the Middle Ages. But yeah, I don't have sympathy for people who commit suicide. I feel even less about people who die from drug overdoses. When Robin Williams "died," his family crossed my mind and I thought, "What a selfish asshole!" (I think he was running from his true sexuality his whole life.)

CV355

_
Established Member
Every thread involving a famous figure who has committed suicide always devolves into insulting them, where most people cannot comprehend how the human mind works in that scenario.

Just because you have never personally experienced that level of pain or depression does not invalidate it for others.

This day and age, despite technological and medical advances, is worse for us than most realize. We have introduced new, constant stressors that we confuse as enjoyable addictions. Problems are medicated rather than cured.

Instead of hating on those who felt they were out of options, why not reflect on your life, what you're thankful for, and appreciate contentment. Not all of the rest of us are able to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread