Clutch assist spring

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
removed mine with 100 miles on the car and haven't looked back. still way lighter than my Terminator.

RSKtakR

Established Member
I used vice grips to re-install the spring on my 2011 5.0 before trading it in.. was kind of a pain in the ass but it went back in.

ssyellow

Established Member
I'll be taking it out to see what its like. Although nice for daily driving, its just too light and hard to find the engagement point like others have said. Comparable to my mothers 1.4 L Eco Cruze haha.

It is nice of them to do that though for people who don't want to deal with heavy clutches.

jdcobra

Established Member
I'll be taking it out to see what its like. Although nice for daily driving, its just too light and hard to find the engagement point like others have said. Comparable to my mothers 1.4 L Eco Cruze haha.

It is nice of them to do that though for people who don't want to deal with heavy clutches.

People were complaining that they couldn't feel the engagement point. Imo, I don't understand how they can't. I've driven many different types of manual vehicles, both hydraulic and non hydraulic. Driving without it wasn't for me, I couldn't feel the engagement without it.

ssyellow

Established Member
People were complaining that they couldn't feel the engagement point. Imo, I don't understand how they can't. I've driven many different types of manual vehicles, both hydraulic and non hydraulic. Driving without it wasn't for me, I couldn't feel the engagement without it.

To word it better. Its not that we can't feel it, but I presume it will be much easier once taken out.

When I purchase my car this week I'll drive it for a little with the assist spring and without. Test drive made me side with removing it though.

Dcrypter

Established Member
I just took mine out the other day and I really love the linear clutch feel. I definitely won't be going back to the spring.

Users who are viewing this thread