Clutch cable kit

cheaneyt

Established Member
So my new clutch is in need of a new cable, what brands are good?I'm looking at ford racing adjustable cable and quadrant kit

sent from somewhere,while in my cobra.

blubyu90

Established Member
Stay away from adjustable cables. They are junk. If you absolutely need a new cable, get a stock replacement one from Maximum Motorsports. I would get a good firewall adjuster for adjustment and a quick release quadrant. I used Steeda brand for that stuff, but MM has those parts as well.

ZeroDCX

Established Member
Stay away from adjustable cables. They are junk. If you absolutely need a new cable, get a stock replacement one from Maximum Motorsports. I would get a good firewall adjuster for adjustment and a quick release quadrant. I used Steeda brand for that stuff, but MM has those parts as well.
+1

MM's cable is a modified stock ford part, IIRC.

I run the stock cable w/ a Fiore Micro-Click FW Adjuster, Steeda QR Quadrant and LDC Freeplay Kit. If you decide to run a Freeplay mod, it will elevate your clutch pedal, so the MM Clutch-Pedal Height Adjuster is recommended, but honestly mine has been sitting in a box for years.

cheaneyt

Established Member
Shop told me my oem cable was to short and they had to modify it. Why are the adjustable ford cable junk?

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
You can still buy the stock Ford cable from Ford also ,and the cost is less than thru MM .
I don't know how the stock cable could be too short .

bumsoil

Established Member
i ran a steeda cable for about a year until it started getting too tight and crunchy.
got a MM cable and all is good.

cheaneyt

Established Member
36311dfaaa6ba5bbbbf1a056ed6ccd2f.jpg
went with this

Kyle Bailey

Established Member
+1

The adjustable cables are garbage, I had 2 snap on me in less than a year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread