clutch line upgrade JPC or FRPP?

justablur91

Established Member
will be replacing my clutch next week with a Mcleod RXT in my 07. looking to order a stainless clutch line. question is the ford racing line worth the $215 bucks or could i just go with the JPC upgraded line for $60?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd check with Tousley and see what they could get that FRPP clutch line down to. I have the Joe Heck Racing braided clutch line and I'm happy with it, but I think the FRPP line would make for a cleaner install.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Went the FRPP route, not sure the major difference in the 2. I think its overpriced regardless.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
I used the McLeod line. It is a great product. They just went up to $72.85. Maybe cheaper at a McLeod dealer.

Important note: Don't waste your money on the bleeder elbow! It doubles the price and you can't get to it to open it enough to work properly. I have one if anyone wants it at 1/2 price.

The image of this line is here: http://www.mcleodracing.com/images_products/5485.jpg

BCPD199

Established Member
Went the FRPP route, not sure the major difference in the 2. I think its overpriced regardless.

Question for you, did your line look like the one pictured on the FRPP website? The reason I ask is, I just picked one up and it doesn't look anything at all like the FRPP picture. The bends are completely different.

WhatMineLooksLikeBox_zps2ebe1646.jpg
"]
[/URL]

Last edited:

RedZR

Established Member
clutch line

will be replacing my clutch next week with a Mcleod RXT in my 07. looking to order a stainless clutch line. question is the ford racing line worth the $215 bucks or could i just go with the JPC upgraded line for $60?

How many miles did you get out of your stock clutch?

Thanks,
Dan

RedZR

Established Member
had about 16k on my stocker. no issues just wanted to upgrade before i had one.

Thanks! Its very interesting that when I purchased my 2008 a few weeks ago the thing I read most about was the clutch. I read dozens of stories about people having the TSB done because of stock clutch troubles and I checked mine (car has 10k miles on it) for all the signs of trouble before buying it and it had none.

Now that I have the car I read an equal number of stories where people are getting many miles out of the stock units.

Please let us know how your RXT goes- I have decided that if my clutch ever gives me trouble I will be changing to it and the heavy flywheel.

Best of luck!

Dan

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Question for you, did your line look like the one pictured on the FRPP website? The reason I ask is, I just picked one up and it doesn't look anything at all like the FRPP picture. The bends are completely different.

"]
[/URL]

looks like a nice peace. maybe the bends are setup for GT500 tranny since its bigger the the GT tranny

BCPD199

Established Member
looks like a nice peace. maybe the bends are setup for GT500 tranny since its bigger the the GT tranny

Problem is - it doesn't fit. It only comes out of the firewall a couple of inches before bending down and in towards the engine. To clear the brake booster, you need to rotate it down; but, you can't because then the long straight section hits the inner fender/sub chassis.

bFoxGt500

Established Member
Thanks! Its very interesting that when I purchased my 2008 a few weeks ago the thing I read most about was the clutch. I read dozens of stories about people having the TSB done because of stock clutch troubles and I checked mine (car has 10k miles on it) for all the signs of trouble before buying it and it had none.

Now that I have the car I read an equal number of stories where people are getting many miles out of the stock units.

Please let us know how your RXT goes- I have decided that if my clutch ever gives me trouble I will be changing to it and the heavy flywheel.

Best of luck!

Dan

I put 53K miles on my stock clutch and that included 4-5 road track events per year. One day, it just went started slipping (had it on the track just a couple of days prior). Put the RXT w/fywheel - very happy with that. It is so light it does not compare to the heavy feel of the original (which I actually liked a lot).

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Problem is - it doesn't fit. It only comes out of the firewall a couple of inches before bending down and in towards the engine. To clear the brake booster, you need to rotate it down; but, you can't because then the long straight section hits the inner fender/sub chassis.

Then maybe they sent you the wrong one. Did you contact frpp?

Users who are viewing this thread