Cobra b-head intake on C heads

Svt Fox

Established Member
There are 3 threads going on about this. Na svt even posted a pic back in January of a prototype. I don't understand the secretive part either.
img0314lq.jpg

Guess I should have used a smiley.

:goof:

Last edited:

CJK440

Established Member
I know, bringing an old thread back from the dead but has anybody made progress on an adapter to mate a B lower to C heads??

I know there is an adapter to put the B lid on the C intake but as NA SVT mentioned, the B intake has better potential than the C.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I know, bringing an old thread back from the dead but has anybody made progress on an adapter to mate a B lower to C heads??

I know there is an adapter to put the B lid on the C intake but as NA SVT mentioned, the B intake has better potential than the C.

I have the stuff to make this happen, just no time to do so.

blubyu90

Established Member
Na svt I have a machinist friend that is starting his own shop that might be willing to make these. Can you enlighten me a little? Please pm me.

CJK440

Established Member
In simple terms, somebody needs to design something similar to a 1999 Continental intake adapter but instead of the 16 round ports and conti intake bolt pattern on top, it would have the port layout and bolt pattern of the top of a 96-98 IMRC plate.

The trickiest part would be to make sure you design in he right pattern offset so that the ports and bolt holes on top match with the B lower intake.

I wonder if a B lower can simply be welded to conti adapters on an engine and then be port matched from inside. Will maybe require epoxy. Seems like a lot of work.

SVT.Keats

Established Member
Any updates on this, really need this. I'm sitting with doing a C head swap but want to keep my stock intake. Wanna stay this route because for the costs I don't wanna get an FR500. I want this motor the rev high.

Users who are viewing this thread