Cobra breaks

Marvin9075

Established Member
looking for a set of cobra breaks to upgrade for my 99 gt ... let me know what you have thanks

pwrshft99

Established Member
I've been told there is a cheap way to upgrade to brand new Cobra brakes thru AutoZone/advanced Auto etc.

Essentially go in, buy the Cobra calipers and rotors you want, pay in cash, do the swap and return your GT stuff for the core price refund. There is very little chance the guy at the counter looks inside the box other that to verify there is a caliper core of some sort.

Most honest thing to do? Probably not. But with enough googling you will find a parts list with prices from guys that have done it.

ScottySVT

Established Member
If the sale of the big brake kit that i may buy goes through , I'll have my front brake set up for sale. Drilled and slotted rotors and cobra calipers. They're painted redfire metallic currently. No issues, just looking to upgrade to a big brake kit

Last edited:

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
I've been told there is a cheap way to upgrade to brand new Cobra brakes thru AutoZone/advanced Auto etc.

Essentially go in, buy the Cobra calipers and rotors you want, pay in cash, do the swap and return your GT stuff for the core price refund. There is very little chance the guy at the counter looks inside the box other that to verify there is a caliper core of some sort.

Most honest thing to do? Probably not. But with enough googling you will find a parts list with prices from guys that have done it.

Yeah you basically get mach 1/bullitt brakes without the cobra logo. They still get a core they can rebuild and sell, but obviously it will only be good for a gt buyer or upgrading from the non cobra brakes.

Matt Hart

Established Member
I have fronts from my 01 if the cobra logo is what your looking for already sold rear though

Users who are viewing this thread