Cobra transmission

nomoretickets

Established Member
What's a good strong clutch for every day driving but good to have fun when I wanna lay some rubber down ??
Depends on your power level. Generally, you should only go with the lowest hp rated clutch necessary to hold your power. I'd second the Mcleod Street Pro recommendation for a bolt on car. The clutch should be the weak point in your drive line so that you dont do greater damage elsewhere. I will never understand people who do like Spec Stage 3+ for bolt on cars. Even a basic stock or stock replacement clutch is sufficient for a bolt on car.

JREYNOSO916

Established Member
Not sure what my hp is the mods to car are 31 spline rear end with 3.73s, 31 spline aluminum drive shaft, o/r h pipe to flow masters, c&l cold air, mmr imrc delete, sct tuned.....I should be fine with that McLeod clutch right??

JREYNOSO916

Established Member
Depends on your power level. Generally, you should only go with the lowest hp rated clutch necessary to hold your power. I'd second the Mcleod Street Pro recommendation for a bolt on car. The clutch should be the weak point in your drive line so that you dont do greater damage elsewhere. I will never understand people who do like Spec Stage 3+ for bolt on cars. Even a basic stock or stock replacement clutch is sufficient for a bolt on car.
^^^^^^

JREYNOSO916

Established Member
Id call it a stage 1. Its supposed to be good for 350 horse power. My car dynod 305 to the wheels so its plenty for me. And its easier to press than the stock clutch. Which is nice.
So I looked at it on American muscle and on description it says 350 but in there little video it says 400 and on LMR it says 400 stage 2 versus American Muscles it says stage 1.....lol I baranof LMR along with Ford Racing pilot bearing and Ford Racing throwout bearing thanks bro

Users who are viewing this thread