Cog pulley/belt combo for stock eaton?

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
I was just thinking if there is cog pulley/belt combo for 2011 stock eaton out there. I know there was one for 03-04 cobra and I liked the way it sounded, kind of an old school sounded blower. Maybe it is a little loud and I can see how it can get annoying, but a rarely drive my car so I think I should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while taking a shit

Ironhand

Banned
I know you can have one custom built for you but it will cost you over 1K to do it.

I talked to the company that made the parts that RPM relabeled and sold as a kit and they dont recommend it for a street car and a lower pulley alone was over 600 dollars.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Cogs aren't really a good idea for a street car and probably a waste of money on a stock Eaton. The benefit of a cog is the ability to crank up the boost (which causes more friction and resistence at the belt) without the worry of causing more slip. Since the stock belt doesn't really have a major slip issue at the boost leves that a stock Eaton can efficiently provide, you'll never really experience the benefits of the cog set up. Not to mention, the belts are pricey and tend to get chewed up quick on a car that's run on the street often.

BigDan

Established Member
^ But it sounds so sick. :-D Makes me wish there was a easy install one box F1 Procharger kit for all GT500's.

[youtube_browser]w2S-5vPkR1g[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Does sound bad ass, but I figure that thing probably would sound just as bad ass with a regular belt and the same blower... The F1 is like an jet engine! I had a P1SC on my 2000 GT back in the day and that thing sounded like a 747 with rocks in it's engine... :lol: I had it vented to atmosphere for a little bit and sounded like I was taxing down a runway... Kids were actually scared of it. Shame it was an epic POS!

BigDan

Established Member
Does sound bad ass, but I figure that thing probably would sound just as bad ass with a regular belt and the same blower... The F1 is like an jet engine! I had a P1SC on my 2000 GT back in the day and that thing sounded like a 747 with rocks in it's engine... :lol: I had it vented to atmosphere for a little bit and sounded like I was taxing down a runway... Kids were actually scared of it. Shame it was an epic POS!

Jet engine sounding vehicles FTW :rockon:

This is my foul weather daily driver and what it sounds like with a 66mm Industrial Injection Silver Bullet Turbo with 4" straight pipe as exhaust and AEM CAI with the filter removed because it was dirty. It now makes whats in my sig.

[youtube_browser]JQ741bFWfjc[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]DlOOnlylr2s[/youtube_browser]

MPORTETR

Established Member
My question is how are you going to put a cog belt on the altenator?
Well I looked at the very poorly thought out kits and changed the tooth count of my altenator cog. Before those kits were overdriving the crap out of them causing major problems and premature failure. Think about it for a second...if you throw a large crank pulley on and it overdrives the blower then its overdriving EVERY OTHER PULLEY on that belt. They should have been matched to lowers so the drive speed of the alt stayed the same. I really hope the mods don't delete this post because people need to be warned that don't know! I build cog kits for Ford GT's, GT 500's, Cobras, lightnings, and Harley Trucks, but I'm not trying to sell anything! Trying to help yall out...Hell if there's someone running a big lower on one of these cogs setups, like a 8# to 10# I'll give the largest lower posted a free matching alt cog that will save them major problems before long. I'm a Ford enthusiast and hate to see them hurt.
LOL, good point rd, I didn't even think of that one...

Big Dan, BADDD ASSS!!!
No designer thought about it either, there's a whole lot more to a cobra kit than a L or HD!
Np, Whip! Just trying to think of all the logistics.

I love my custom setup...but It's safe. They are lighter, balanced, and real ratios calculations were used...not just left over tensioner blanks that would just work...

Mods it would be nice to leave this post for later searches...so they get facts! Pm me or something instead of deleting my threads, post, etc. I've got the solutions and I'm willing to share info. :beer:

MPORTETR

Established Member

Is there a link to this? I'm currently helping a guy by building a crank cage for his cog setup and would love to help any others...this stuff is fun for me. I'm not trying to sell stuff but enjoy making and engineering improvements. I'm not doing this to make money, I have a full time job and don't need to try to charge people over what it cost for their stuff to get made. If the site wants money then add that to the cost of what you want, if I'm out of line with offering to help please pm me the correct way to go about helping. I would love to read all the factual data I can find but everything so far is hearsay. :beer:

bull3441

Established Member
Is there a link to this? I'm currently helping a guy by building a crank cage for his cog setup and would love to help any others...this stuff is fun for me. I'm not trying to sell stuff but enjoy making and engineering improvements. I'm not doing this to make money, I have a full time job and don't need to try to charge people over what it cost for their stuff to get made. If the site wants money then add that to the cost of what you want, if I'm out of line with offering to help please pm me the correct way to go about helping. I would love to read all the factual data I can find but everything so far is hearsay. :beer:
to run a cog properly the crank needs to be doubled keyed. the cog should allow zero slip of the belt, which puts a lot of stress on the crank snout and blower snout. i considered a cog system for my new motor and was talked out of it by a few engine builders.

Users who are viewing this thread