Cold Hard Boost... CPR kit install

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Finally, the time has come for me to begin. Started the install today. I work some weird hours at the moment so it won't be done in a few days. Turbo will be here tomorrow, and awaiting a few parts from drop shipping. Not in a hurry by any means but figured I'd try to be thorough. If anybody has any pic requests (from the kit :D) let me know. The kit is well fabbed and the welds are awesome for sure.

13FF629A-8917-4653-B758-ECFA861FC56F_zpsstii39i9.jpg

E64932D8-0456-432F-91B2-F0EC33AC207D_zpsjxt14e4r.jpg

By my scale the stocker weighs 17.6lbs while the CPR piece weighs in at 7.4lbs. Little weight savings of 10.2lbs. Car weighed in at 3570lbs with 1/2 tank of fuel without me in it. Only mods were BMR adj upper, BMR lowers, adj panard, BMR relo brackets, rear girdle cover and JBA mufflers. Most of it was lighter than stock and car was weighed on the scales at Orlando Speed World. I plan on weighing it again at OSW after the install with 1/2 tank to be as close as possible.

C5B62601-1137-42E8-AD58-3D4F1CD279CB_zpsoq7qntqp.jpg

And how she sits now

0F7D0ED7-8719-4CCC-90E0-9A05C3D94515_zpse2vkf5wr.jpg

Only got the tubular core support installed today as I've been working on it intermittently. Gotta wait for the misses to vacate the house for a day so I can drop the k-member, oil pan, weld the return fitting in and put the new k-member back in. She will freak if she see's a car with 4,300 miles on it tore apart. I've already gotten "the look".

Any pic requests, just ask and I'll be happy to post up :beer:

OveRBoreD

Established Member
This is going to be sweet. Good luck with the build and wife. "The look" will melt into pure enjoyment when you show her the power of cold turbo boosted greatness. Can't wait to see the pics to come!

Torchy

Established Member
Good luck with install and pls do take pics and post all your steps. It's gonna be a blast!

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I'll def keep the pics coming! I can't wait to go back in the garage. Turbo comes in tomorrow so I'll post pics of that as well :beer:

466roller it's a A/A for now. May swap later but I think this will provide the power I need for now anyway... At least I hope!

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
^ LMFAO!

Trying to think of a way to support the motor while dropping the k member. Thinking of a jack under the trans/bell housing area and I would like to support it some way from the top. I have an engine hoist but then it's gonna be in the way during the k member removal (long legs) kinda don't wanna buy an engine cradle to hold it from the top but looks like I might have to

CPRsm

Jack/stand at the bell is fine. You can use a jack at the harmonic balancer also. Only need light pressure there as a safety net. You can use a 2x4 across the top of the frame rails w the motorcycle straps that came on the pallet to hold it up the same, then use the jack to lower the kmember

Ugh, all these turbo coyotes.

Badass man.
Just give in Luke, you WILL come to the dark side! LOL

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
On a serious note, I was thinking of using those straps and just go around the strut tower brace with some towels. I think someone on here did it on an install and it worked well

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
76/87 T6 from forced inductions. Can't wait. Tomorrow can't come soon enough. Well later today rather...

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
:D post away brother!! I'll probably stick with 93 since it's easily available here. We have e85 but I don't have the internals yet to handle the powa!! Lol, TRY to keep it around 650ish with conservative timing. Later I'm doing an Oliver/diamond combo, sleeved block and crank it up on e85 after a fore system.

Users who are viewing this thread