Color Change

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I know it is my car, and the decision is ultimately up to me. However, Im curious as to the opinions of you guys.

I am considering pulling my center dash surround and painting / dying it silver. I like the look the Mach 1 and 01 Bullitt have. I'm just not sure it will flow on an all charcoal GT interior.

Someone talk to me before boredom takes over and I start pulling the interior apart

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Twisted2v

Established Member
I know it is my car, and the decision is ultimately up to me. However, Im curious as to the opinions of you guys.

I am considering pulling my center dash surround and painting / dying it silver. I like the look the Mach 1 and 01 Bullitt have. I'm just not sure it will flow on an all charcoal GT interior.

Someone talk to me before boredom takes over and I start pulling the interior apart

If you're going to paint it, it needs to be done right and with the correct materials.

LMR sells interior paint, regular paints are just going to chip and its going to need redone eventually. Plastic needs properly prepped and cleaned. You'll likely have a paint smell in the interior as well.

Zemedici

Established Member
I think this is one of those things that looks better in your mind then it comes out as, Aaron, I wouldn’t

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
If you're going to paint it, it needs to be done right and with the correct materials.

LMR sells interior paint, regular paints are just going to chip and its going to need redone eventually. Plastic needs properly prepped and cleaned. You'll likely have a paint smell in the interior as well.
I grew up in the family auto paint and body shop. I wish I could say I was clueless, but I'm pretty good with paint.

The interior photo is not my car. This is what it would look like though.

I don't have any billet, but I want some. The street rodder in me demands it.

The flames are my work. Crappy rush job, but... It also needed to be cut and polished. The owner wanted flames on the Chevelle.
Screenshot_20180112-012750.jpg
Screenshot_20171213-194128.jpg

StrayBullitt

Established Member
OP I have a Mach 1 bezel if you would like it.

Otherwise I say go for it, you can always go back to black.

FWIW on my last car I did the door pockets, dash bezel and dash vents in wrinkle black and I thought it looked killer.

My opinion is the Key is a Satin finish no matter what color you go with. IMO matte does not look right, gloss also does not look right. Good luck !

Users who are viewing this thread