Component Speakers

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I am swapping out the Infinity Components in my GT and I am having a hard time finding new speakers.

I want to match all the speakers, I was looking at using adapters to convert the 5x7/6x8s to 6 1/2" in the front. The issue is that most manufacturers have gone to oversized 6 1/2". I have found very few 6 1/2 components that fit in the GT's rear side mounts. The issue is the mounting hole is 5" in diameter and only 2 1/2" deep.

I have found JL Audio C3 600s and Polk Db6502s.

Anyone know any other sets that may fit?

I want to do the same in the Cobra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
my rockford didn't fit my sound bar on my jeep either. i yolo'd it and just drilled them bitches in. be aighhhhhhhht

Blown 89

Established Member
Make an adapter out of MDF. It's easy to do. That's how I installed 6" Focals in my Cobra.

Troponin

Established Member
Make an adapter out of MDF. It's easy to do. That's how I installed 6" Focals in my Cobra.

Focals are really nice. If you can make them work, I would go with those.

JL certain has made it nice with their shallow designs though. I think Rockford also has something similar you could look in to.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I have some really nice Boston Acoustics ProSeries 5.4 component speakers that might be perfect for you. Complete with woofers, tweeters, crossovers, and installation manual. I bought them a long time ago for a fox GT convertible I had, but when I sold the car the buyer wanted the awful stock system. So these have been stored nicely for a long time in my basement. I would sell them for $100 plus shipping. They were about $350 new. At the time they were the best component speakers out there and they really sounded fantastic. Here are some pics and dimensions - per the info on the package and in the manual the cut out diameter is 4 3/4" and depth is 2 1/4" so it seems like they'd work for you. Hopefully I can get the pics to load...

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 78

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
My vote.. All focal. Used adapters which I had to enlarge with a flapper wheel on a die grinder.

d446e57c5f1fe80bcbe5840024182d76.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread