• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Considering selling 00R #231

Discussion in 'Cobra R's' started by oregon87, Dec 6, 2017.

1. DAVESVT2000

DAVESVT2000 Well-Known Member Established Member

[QUOTE="Goose17, post: 15760274, member: 137255], but 15,000 miles is high for these cars [/QUOTE]

Well I guess mine isn't worth shit then with 45,000 miles :)

Goose17 likes this.
  2. oregon87

oregon87 Member Established Member

Now that's great advice!

3. Mjn76

Mjn76 New Member Established Member

couldn't agree more
    the only thing that will change this is if the battery technology and resources as well as self driving cars don't pan out, doubtful. Paris has already stated that they want to be Gasoline free in the next 20years, California is thinking the same. Cars are no longer of much importance to the youth, and the ones that are are not 90's/00 vintage.

4. Mjn76

Mjn76 New Member Established Member

Well I guess mine isn't worth shit then with 45,000 miles :)[/QUOTE]

no, these cars do have a basement but it is a good one, the mythical "sitting in the back of a dealership on flat tires" story one that was going around a few years ago would probably set that for clean title cars. I don't think that one could be had for less than $25K in useable shape right now, and that would depend on the particulars of the car.

5. nmp1

nmp1 Active Member Established Member

I agree with mjn76. Electric cars are coming on at an exponential rate. They are no longer a science project for tree huggers. I think a lot more hybrid performance cars will give way too full electric performance cars. What happened with the car values from 60s and 70s muscle cars will most likely never happen again, everyone learn from their mistakes.

Once the hybrid mustang hits the road that will be the beginning of the end

6. Goose17

Goose17 Well-Known Member Established Member

I’m not so sure the electric “shift” will hurt values of our cars. It may have the opposite effect. People like us may long for the sound of the gas engine burble. Our cars may be viewed as “old school cool.” If we can’t find new gas performance cars, it will drive up the value of our older stuff.

Also, 45,000 miles might be on the upper limit for 00R miles, but it’s still a 2000 Cobra R, which is the pinnacle for New Edge collector Stangs. It has good value.

7. 99cobrajn

99cobrajn cant touch this........ Established Member

37k is where i think it would sell.

8. tomshep

tomshep Another R Addict Established Member

Well I guess mine isn't worth shit then with 45,000 miles :)[/QUOTE]

Worn out and time for a rebuild.

Tom

9. Mwynn

Mwynn Member Established Member

I totally agree "drive the piss out of it" enjoy it! It's not going to bring big profit later... here is why....the one thing you never hear about factored into collector cars is inflation (of the dollar)! Say one bought a new 00r for 54k, stores it for 17 years, drives it 100 miles, then sells it for next month for 70k. Does he really make a profit? There are some rare exceptions with some cars that beat inflation of the dollar. My thoughts are pick them up at the bottom with a couple thousand miles on them and drive the piss out of it. I got to wait a few more years for a gt350r priced right, but it will come.

10. flattrack53

flattrack53 Active Member Established Member

I'm 28 years old. Cars are certainly important to my friends, family and myself. I myself have a 2000 Cobra R and a 1993 mustang coupe that is coyote swapped. Currently, I am trying to figure out my finances to purchase a 1970 Boss 302 (thank you bitcoin)...

My car friends appreciate all of the older cars but when it comes down to purchasing them, we have a tough time affording them at current values. Most of these cars are going to drop significantly in my opinion. I believe the "key mark" cars will still retain a high value but good drivers will be had for "fair" prices. When that time comes, I will certainly be a player in cars from the 60's.

My dad has a collection of cars... I can honestly say, there is nothing else in this world that can replace the feel of driving one of these cars. Each and everyone of them have their own personality and character traits. Cars will always be a top priority in my life as long as I can provide for my family.

To the OP; I don't think you are far off on your values that you listed. I do believe we will see a spike in these cars within the next five years.

Goose17 likes this.
  11. oregon87

oregon87 Member Established Member

Goose17 likes this.
  12. nmp1

nmp1 Active Member Established Member

the supply and demand is much different now than in the past. everyone compares the R's to the 429. with the 429, no one put them away to save them. no one kept the miles down to keep the values in them. no one saved the original parts. no one save the original paperwork. with the R's its the complete opposite. look how many still have under 1000 miles.

Goose17 likes this.