Convertible Cobra bass?

GoingBIG

Established Member
Hello guys, wondering if any one has had any experience with the
"Kicker 11HS8" and if it would fit under our seats? i have seen a few posts about the infinity basslink, but spec wise looks like the kicker is a better sub(about the same price)? Also these subs are about the same price as a dual 10s in the trunk, whats better under the seat or in the trunk for about $350 Can?

Thanks In advance :)

GoingBIG

Established Member
I’m just not a big boom boom guy. No offense.
touch screen and a little sub is for the wife, she hates mustangs just trying to make it feel "more modern" for her. and a little 8 inch sub might feel closer to our trucks alpine system.

GoingBIG

Established Member
any one else have experience with under the seat woofer, specifically the kicker? trying to stay away from trunk rattle. any one have any sub suggestions?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
what do you have for subs? and did you try the under the seat route?

I have one 12" solobaric, neatly tucked away in the corner of the trunk in a .88 cu ft sealed box. I have a coupe though.
I have installed many stereo setups in my own and my friends vehicles. Those under the seat subs would be great under your wife's seat for the vibrations. That's about it. They sound like shit, not accurate at all, but the women love em lol.
A well done stereo just blends together, without the big boom factor.

GoingBIG

Established Member
I have one 12" solobaric, neatly tucked away in the corner of the trunk in a .88 cu ft sealed box. I have a coupe though.
I have installed many stereo setups in my own and my friends vehicles. Those under the seat subs would be great under your wife's seat for the vibrations. That's about it. They sound like shit, not accurate at all, but the women love em lol.
gotcha, thanks for the input. only reason i was thinking of a small one is the alpine system in our truck just has a single 10 and thats enough for her. but if the aftermarket stuff is that underwhelming maybe ill try and tuck 1 sub in the trunk, i thought i read some where that in verts it doesnt really make its way into the cabin. I however have no experience with this

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I got on 10" in the trunk of my car - and the bass is fine when the top is up. If I drop the top - I do lose a little bit of the punch that normally comes through the roof. I'm not totally sure if it is the lose of the roof connection or the fact I'm putting a soft top between me and the sub - or a combination there of.

But turning the sub volume up a little more tends to correct the top down sound issues.

GoingBIG

Established Member
I got on 10" in the trunk of my car - and the bass is fine when the top is up. If I drop the top - I do lose a little bit of the punch that normally comes through the roof. I'm not totally sure if it is the lose of the roof connection or the fact I'm putting a soft top between me and the sub - or a combination there of.

But turning the sub volume up a little more tends to correct the top down sound issues.
hey! thanks for the reply, so a single 10 in the trunk did the job? nice. i was looking at the MTX terminator 212 (thought it was cool cuz it was cheap and said terminator) but might consume 90% of the trunk so maybe just a single sub would be fine.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
hey! thanks for the reply, so a single 10 in the trunk did the job? nice. i was looking at the MTX terminator 212 (thought it was cool cuz it was cheap and said terminator) but might consume 90% of the trunk so maybe just a single sub would be fine.

Go with a Kicker Solobaric. A 12" requires less than a cubic ft of space and they will outlast most others. I think a 10" only requires .66 cubic feet. Plus they are dual voice coil.

Last edited:

GoingBIG

Established Member
Go with a Kicker Solobaric. A 12" requires than a cubic ft of space and they will outlast most others. I think a 10" only requires .66 cubic feet. Plus they are dual voice coil.
not 100% sure what all that means but ill google it. thanks for the info man really appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread