Coverking Seat Covers

SilverCoyote

Established Member
I'm going to attempt to chronicle my experience with Coverking Seat Covers, in case anyone is considering seat covers. My 2011 GT was starting to show a little wear on the cloth driver seat even though my car only has 35,000 miles on it ??

I was going to go with www.wetokole.com because they offered a military discount. When I called I asked them how I was supposed to prove I had been in the military. They said, copy my ID. I said, I didn't retire from the military so I don't have a military ID. Then they said send my DD214. I told them, I'm not sending my DD214 to them for seat covers...lol...

So I was like screw all this.. I'm going with Coverking.....

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
That's a shame they make you jump through hoops to save a buck. You did enough of that while serving for our country.

SilverCoyote

Established Member
20170812_122604[1].jpeg

Autocraft Neoprene seat cover... Advance Auto 19 dollars

Last edited:

SilverCoyote

Established Member
This IS NOT the Coverking....lol... This is a universal job.. Autocraft for 19 bucks. I didn't know how long the Coverkings would take so I just bought this as a temporary deal and put it on. So, not that great. Slides around etc...

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Hey those aren't bad for $20 though. Are they that cheap stretchy material, or are they thicker fabric, almost like a pair of jeans? I need some cheap basic seat covers for my daily.

SilverCoyote

Established Member
This is the Coverking.... Overall I'm pretty pleased. I have the driver seat on but the passenger is the factory upholstery so you can compare. I have a minor complaint and a minor concern, which I will get into a little later. These are the Neoprene covers. They cost about 300 dollars. That is for the 2 front seats which includes covers for the head rests.

Last edited:

SilverCoyote

Established Member
Hey those aren't bad for $20 though. Are they that cheap stretchy material, or are they thicker fabric, almost like a pair of jeans? I need some cheap basic seat covers for my daily.
Well..... not as tough as jeans, but okay I guess. It slides around a bit. I always had to move it back over...lol.. After I got in... got sort of annyong...

Also... that was 20 bucks for 1... not 2

SilverCoyote

Established Member

It came from Advance Auto, Autocraft is the brand and it says it is "All Purpose Neoprene" The part number is AC22155303B

SilverCoyote

Established Member
I mentioned a "concern". This picture doesn't really make it show up that well. Right in the middle of the seat area you can see the material sort of humped up. What it does is, when you sit in the seat the butt area stretches out for a little while. So, seems reasonable. Then when you get out after driving, the material is humped up for a minute, then the material takes it shape back and is flat. My concern would be, what happens if say in a month, that area doesn't return to its original shape. It just stretches out from you sitting on it and doesn't return to it's original shape. Obviously, you would not want this....lol...

The covers have a 2 year warranty... but who knows how that would work out....

20170825_065009.jpeg

Last edited:

SilverCoyote

Established Member
I will say.. so far these are by far the best seat covers I have ever seen. Edges all have stitching etc, I paid more for the Neoprene in hopes that it would be more durable....

SilverCoyote

Established Member
Actually I had another concern also. There is a small elastic strap on the inboard side of seat cover. It stretches under seat and hooks under seat. The strap looks a little light duty. I guess I will see if it holds up. I emailed Coverking and they dismissed my concern.... lol... saying they havent had anyone mention this failing and besides it was covered by warranty.
20170826_162613.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SilverCoyote

Established Member
Okay.... so I have actually only driven my car time wise, maybe 2 hours. So 2 hours sitting in driver seat. The situation with the seat bottom area stretching out seems to be becoming permanent...lol....YAY....

The area humped up in the photo is due to the seat area stretching out from sitting in it. Initially it returned back to it's normal shape now it doesn't. I can only assume this will get worse.

I'm not sure if this will become a big deal or not. I guess I will see. I realize on the surface this might not look or seem like a big deal, but if it stretched out in this short amount of time I have my doubts about how this is all going to hold up.

20170829_165755[1].jpeg

Last edited:

SilverCoyote

Established Member
Coverking asked for my feedback and if I would recommend the seat covers. This is what I sent to them, I'll post their response....

I like the seat cover a lot, seems to be high quality pretty nice fit and everything. There was a slight issue, with some of the material needed to be cut off so it could be tucked down around the seat height ratchet. Not too big of a deal I guess? What I'm concerned mostly about is as soon as I drove my car it stretched the butt area out a little of the seat cover. So when I got out of the car, it kind of humped up right in the middle. I thought, well I'll see if the contracts back and flattens out. The next morning when I looked it had returned to it's normal state and was flat. I drove the car again and again it stretched from me sitting on it. This time it did not return to normal. The butt area of the seat cover just stays sort of humped up a bit, it doesn't go back. I sort of figured this would happen eventually, just not in like in an hour or so of use. So, for 300 dollars, not sure i'm real happy with this stretching out after 2 rides? I would have ordered the "molded" covers but the website said they were not available for my car?? I would probably recommend someone maybe try another brand if they were buying seat covers. This situation with middle humping up, doesn't really look that bad at the moment. But like I said, I have barely sat in the seat that much either. I'm just wondering what this is going to do long term.

SilverCoyote

Established Member
This pic shows the "flap" on the side of the seat cover that you tuck in behind the plastic trim panel. Simple enough.....

20170823_172242.jpeg

Last edited:

SilverCoyote

Established Member
The issue... My seat has the manual height ratchet. So behind the trim piece you can see there is slightly more than 1/2 inch between the top of trim panel and the top of ratchet mechanism behind the trim panel. Thats a lot lot of material to stuff in a small area. It doesn't work out that great. It works, but it really needs a half moon shape cut out of the material to fit down behind the trim panel better.

20170824_203618.jpeg

SilverCoyote

Established Member
I'm hoping as you read all this it doesn't seem like I'm just complaining about stupid stuff...lol.... I just wanted to share some of these details with everyone in case it might sway your decision. These covers are really nice, however, I'm not sure I would have bought these if I would have know these things up front.

I responded to Coverkings automated email asking if I would recommend these. I responded NO, knowing they would ask me what the deal was. I emailed pics of the side flap and the butt area of the cover stretching out just to see what they would say. Offered to send a pre paid fedex slip for me to send the bottom back and the will modify it "in house" they said. They didn't have much comment on the butt area stretching out except they wanted to take a look at it.

Although, it will be a hassle, I think i'm going to go ahead and send it to them and see what they do.

Users who are viewing this thread