Coyote Tick/ Replacing short block

Aly Woods

I just bought a 2014 gt/cs
8,9xx miles
when i got home i noticed a ticking noise,
put it up on the rack and definetly not the normal coyote tick.

It is currently at the dealer. service writer told me they have talked to ford engineers, and they have to pretty much disengage the cylinders one by one to diagnose problem,
if that stops the noise its the bottom end of the motor.

Therefore, I would need a new short block has anyone ever expierienced replacing the short block? or even long block? any issues? info would be great.

They also told me if that doesnt do it then theyll mess with the serpentine belt, and pulleys could be loose, or something loose in there but more than likely bottom end of motor. I dont know whether to keep the car or just give back to the dealer i literally bought it a week ago, drove home and to work a few times i put 50-60 miles on it max.

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
The ticking noise is a common issue on these engines and not a major concern. I bought a 2012 GT with 2600 mi and the ticking noise showed up after the first oil change with M1. Then I switched to Amsoil SS and the noise became negligible. I no longer own that car but then I bought a '14 GT new and I've been using Amsoil SS since the first oil change and there's virtually no ticking.

ReSQMaN

Established Member
Cam phasers. I had this issue and had it data logged. Found a cam phaser was all over the place. While I had the front of motor apart I did the oil pump gears and all timing components because you can't just buy 1 phaser. Choices are the whole kit or phaser lock outs

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread