• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

CPR 7683

Discussion in 'Power-Adders' started by FSU Logan, Jan 30, 2017.

1. FSU Logan

FSU Logan Member Established Member

Hello all, I just purchased a new CPR kit with the FI 7683 billet. I was wondering what kind of numbers I am expecting between 93 and E85. I have a fuel system, new injectors, etc. so not entirely looking for a parts list but guidance on what to expect with the 8psi wastegate. I will buy a boost leash in the future, but I am already way over budget, haha. Car has OPG/CG this weekend along with the turbo kit install.
    I was looking at Sai Li for tuning as he is local, although I will be going with the email tune until I can make a 2 hour trip to him.

2. Weather Man

Weather Man Persistance Is A Bitch Established Member

Strongly suggest doing whatever Dustin suggests.

3. FSU Logan

Lol. I have been this entire time, but it there is only so much he can say since the kit will far out last the block.

4. robrbn

robrbn Member Established Member

You receive your kit yet? I have one on order as well and could not be more anxious. I ordered back in September. I'll be running the same turbo with 93 on 8-8.5# w/ an eBoost2.

5. ryan03svt

ryan03svt Member Established Member

Same turbo as you on 93 made 611/561 on 7.5lbs. I don't have OPGs or feel like replacing the motor anytime soon so I stopped there. Here's the graph and dyno video. I think around 700 would be the limit on e85 but I can't confirm for sure. eboost2 used to control the boost. Good luck on the install, you're going to love this kit.

[​IMG]

6. FSU Logan

Yep, kit is in hand. I have the OPG/CG going in on friday, and then we tackle install saturday-sunday. Hopefully we can finish it in two days. I am running the 8psi spring in the wastegate and being done with it for now. I will run an boost leash later for my 93 to sit at 6psi, but e85 8psi looks pretty safe.

7. ryan03svt

ryan03svt Member Established Member

I'd think 8-9psi would be safe on e85. Post pictures of the install! I normally do my own work but I let a professional handle my install. I wish you the best of luck!

8. FSU Logan

I'll charge up my camera now. Get some HD pics and post 'em up here. Lol

9. robrbn

robrbn Member Established Member

So jealous! Have fun w/ the install! Def would love to see some pics - maybe would help when I receive my kit and install mine.

10. FSU Logan

I'll do my best!

11. fulanititoo8198

fulanititoo8198 Member Established Member

600's on 93 700s on E85. Obviously dynos all read different so no one can really answer that accurately. Traps would be what I use. As far as the tuning if you have someone local use them. It's a pain with the remote tuning going back and forth and trying to figure things out that would have taken a minute if it was in person. I have a similar setup and run 9psi on E85 and 10.5 psi for track. No pump gas though, I like to give the motor it's best odds.

12. fulanititoo8198

600's on 93 700s on E85. Obviously dynos all read different so no one can really answer that accurately. Traps would be what I use. As far as the tuning if you have someone local use them. It's a pain with the remote tuning going back and forth and trying to figure things out that would have taken a minute if it was in person. I have a similar setup and run 9psi on E85 and 10.5 psi for track. No pump gas though, I like to give the motor it's best odds.

13. FSU Logan

I am going with Sai Li for tuning. He is somewhat local (~4 hours), but we are doing remote tuning. I don't mind having to go back and forth to get it locked in. We have to tune 93 first, then move to E85, that which I plan to daily. Unfortunately, there is only 1 E85 pump in Tallahassee, so I will have a few jugs of E85 sitting in the house that I'll rotate in every other week.

Also, are you using AEM, Boost Leash, Eboost, which boost controller? I was looking at putting the 6 psi spring in and using a boost leash to up my boost for E85, but we'll see.

14. 2003mach1

2003mach1 Member Established Member

I'm kinda wondering the same. I got mine finished up about a month ago and i'm tuning it myself. On 6.5 lbs with only 13 degrees of timing its pretty strong.

As soon as I can get back to sgmp i'll be throwing some timing at it.

15. FSU Logan

SGMP is the closest drag strip for me as well.

16. fulanititoo8198

Using Eboost2, works very well. Yea getting E85 can be a PIA it's also very unreliable.. rarely does it test above 80 for me, usually 65-75% using Orlando and Daytona stations.

17. FSU Logan

Went on this weekend, still need to do the fuel kit but then it'll be good to go. OPG/CG went on as well.

18. FIFTY

FIFTY Member Established Member

The gate is at 7psi, I have similar mods, and currently sitting at 646hp on 91 and 700hp on E85, thats through restrictive ass gt500 mufflers!

19. cjd223

cjd223 Member Established Member

My last two tanks of E85 tested E90.

20. FSU Logan

The gate is actually 7-8psi IIRC, I'll have to hookup another manual boost gauge to make sure. I cannot calibrate this digital one for the life of me. Car runs strong. Sai is a good guy and a good tuner. Can't wait for my E85 dyno tune next month.