CPR Turbo Install

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I had Dustin do the install on mine. He recommended the E-boost 2 controller. I know the turbo is a Borg Warner unit, unsure on size. 76mm maybe?

He brought the car to me on Tuesday, which happened to be his birthday(but don't let that get out, it will ruin his perfectly crafted asshole reputation). Well worth the wait. Car is a monster and feels and sounds amazing. I want to say it made 885 and over 800 torque with room to go but I had him turn it down to about 830 and 790. That along with a 6 speed is insane.
Mines next on that lift

Sent from my Note8

Wobb

I ordered mine Janurary 5th, and I’m still waiting. All my friends are bitching and I’m just like “Whatever. I know it’s worth it.” Does it suck? Absolutely. But I’m dealing with it the only way I can.. I just hope to have it before August as I’m trying to do Drag Week...

ryan03svt

Established Member
Worth the wait. I've had my kit on for almost two years and that turbo spool never fails to put a smile on my face. I use the e-boost 2 for my boost controller.

robrbn

Established Member
I am also using an eboost2 to control boost.

I am someone that waited a year for my kit - almost was going to tap out. Sure glad I didn't.

jeffs

Established Member
I ordered mine Janurary 5th, and I’m still waiting. All my friends are bitching and I’m just like “Whatever. I know it’s worth it.” Does it suck? Absolutely. But I’m dealing with it the only way I can.. I just hope to have it before August as I’m trying to do Drag Week...
Have you received your kit yet? 6 months has lapsed in your case, I'm about a month behind you, and my estimated time will lapse in 4 days.

jeffs

Established Member
Worth the wait. I've had my kit on for almost two years and that turbo spool never fails to put a smile on my face. I use the e-boost 2 for my boost controller.
It sort of worries me that I'm trapping 8mph more than you with my Paxton. I realize you're a stick car, and low ET's are certainly harder to come by i an auto, but I would think you'd at least trap 135?

Green99

Established Member
How's she runnin? Do you have upgraded short-block or anything on 9psi?
Its on a Boss. On E-85 and 9 or 10lbs with not all the timing, I made him stop just shy of 900 and ease it back down. I would imagine with more timing and 12lbs it would be 1000.

ryan03svt

Established Member
It sort of worries me that I'm trapping 8mph more than you with my Paxton. I realize you're a stick car, and low ET's are certainly harder to come by i an auto, but I would think you'd at least trap 135?

Getting a good launch and having to shift into 5th with these 3.73 gears is definitely slowing me down. Never thought I'd say I wish I went auto from the start.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Getting a good launch and having to shift into 5th with these 3.73 gears is definitely slowing me down. Never thought I'd say I wish I went auto from the start.
I’m running a 3.15/28” tire on my Boss/MT82 (no track times yet). It was a huge help on the street coming from the Whipple/3.73 combo. Try a gear swap or do a 6R80 swap. I’m gathering parts for my 6R80 swap.

jeffs

Established Member
Man, I didn't mean to insult your car or your build a bit. And yeah, a friend of mine with a 3.73 track pack car put a blower on it and made 640 to the wheel and only trapped 122, having the same deal shifting into 5th. Forgive my thoughtlessness, we're supposed to be here to encourage each other

I actually ended up selling my manual 2012 to buy my auto 11, just to not break parts I could for-see myself breaking trying to launch that thing on qtp's was brutal, hahaha

ryan03svt

Established Member
Man, I didn't mean to insult your car or your build a bit. And yeah, a friend of mine with a 3.73 track pack car put a blower on it and made 640 to the wheel and only trapped 122, having the same deal shifting into 5th. Forgive my thoughtlessness, we're supposed to be here to encourage each other

I actually ended up selling my manual 2012 to buy my auto 11, just to not break parts I could for-see myself breaking trying to launch that thing on qtp's was brutal, hahaha

Haha it's all good. I never thought I'd want to be turning this into a straight drag car. Now I'm stuck between either buying a 6r80 or a TH400 haha.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
@ryan03svt @robrbn or any of the CPR guys... what is the header primary runner size on the turbo manifolds?

Also are any of you running a T4 BW or are all of you running a T6 frame?

Users who are viewing this thread